Colgan or Skyway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prop2Jet said:
O boy.... Here we go! Green howya doing my U of I friend! PM me! Hey Donsa, how have u been?

Cringing in the wings, totally amazed by the lack of self confidence evidenced here. :)

On second thought, Mr. SJS...DON'T apply with Skyway!

The 1900 does have jet turbine engines with an externally mounted first stage fan. It might not look sexy like an axial flow pure jet. But never the less, it's a jet engine powering that fan.

BTW, most modern hi-bypass jet engines are simply ducted fan engines with the first stage housed within the engine cowl so it looks like an older low by-pass kerosene hogs.

fastbird said:
On second thought, Mr. SJS...DON'T apply with Skyway!

The 1900 does have jet turbine engines with an externally mounted first stage fan. It might not look sexy like an axial flow pure jet. But never the less, it's a jet engine powering that fan.

BTW, most modern hi-bypass jet engines are simply ducted fan engines with the first stage housed within the engine cowl so it looks like an older low by-pass kerosene hogs.

Nerd... :D

Becks said:
Which one is better for a young guy in earlier 20's any pros and cons you all know. colgan or skyway

Neither! Go to graduate or law school. Pros=0 cons=poor pay, poor benefits, no retirement, no job security, etc. etc.

Yeah cause working a desk job with no windows is more rewarding than flying and paying some dues. If you love to fly stick with it. I did the desk thing for awhile and it sucked. I also have a M.S. and well although I learned a lot the most important thing that I learned was to get back into flying. This is a personal experience though, so do what you think you would like best. You can always change jobs later!!!!

I can't believe so many syx ers are using rumormill. And I concur, anyone who is worried about upgrade in the dork doesn't need to come here. It's not your typical regional.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back