• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Nostalgia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
550 ruled. As shi++y as it was, for some reason, that thing landed sweeter than most the C's

Sure, 550 landed nicely.. but that's about all she did. She was the most twisted piece of metal in the air. Every airspeed or prop change required a new rudder/aileron trim change... and we all know how well the rudder/aileron trim worked.

SYR and HPN Base

Anyone know if SYR or HPN are junior Bases for CJC? I just got assigned the BEECH and wondering how realistic these two bases are? Thanks

TheBigH said:
I'll pay you double to wear some huge jeweled sunglasses and matching earrings on your walkarounds ...

I saw one of your Elton specials in BOS ... my my, I felt your pain ...

Don't know about the earrings, but give me a number on the glasses:)

SurfinUSA said:
Anyone know if SYR or HPN are junior Bases for CJC? I just got assigned the BEECH and wondering how realistic these two bases are? Thanks

No way in Hell you'll get into HPN, there's a line for that base, SYR will have an opening coming up for April so unless you're in class right now it may not be available. HOWEVER, you should be able to get into either base within 4-6 months so no worries ....

Welcome to the clan brother ....

Thanks. Yah, Im in class now, actually. Is only 1 line open? What else is realistic for a base assignment? Obviously I'm in the 1900.

Later

Hello,

I wouldn't be too surprised if you wound up in HYA for the summer. However, if you aren't happy with your base, it isn't too difficult to change bases. Alot is going to depend on your age, because thats what determines your seniority number for the order in which you are awarded a line.
Most of the really junior guys were assigned AUG, LEB and a ALB in my class. ALB is closed now, but I think that SYR is still a Beech base. We are down to 9 Beech bases and the latest rumor that I've heard is that we will be going back up to 14. When and where is an unknown at this time, but I'm hoping it's more EAS flying in the northeast.
Best of luck...If you stick around long enough you'll not only be in your base of choice, but probably in the left seat, which makes the paychaeck a whole lot better.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

SurfinUSA said:
Thanks. Yah, Im in class now, actually. Is only 1 line open? What else is realistic for a base assignment? Obviously I'm in the 1900.

Later

No, guess that came out wrong. I meant that there's a line of guys waiting for HPN .... As for SYR there will be a spot for April, not sure if anyone is after it. LEB and AUG should also have slots open, matter of fact I think AUG will need a bunch of FOs and nobody is really lining up to go there. Word of caution about HYA, especially for the summer, be prepared to pay a lot for housing, there should be room at the crashpad (maybe) cuz a few of the captains just transitioned to the Saab.

Looks like you want to be close to NYC so I recommend you put all the LGA feeders in first on your bid list, followed by BOS feeders and then the stuff down south.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back