• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Managment.... Business as Usual

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do you guys work there if it sucks so bad?

Why did you accept employment from dirtbags?

I mean, how did you choose to become part of that organization and submit yourself to those policies/workrules? But now, you're complaining about it?

Without your complicity, they couldn't do it.

By showing up for work and making the airplanes fly, you're enabling bad management and encouraging them to continue with such bad practices.

ALPA isn't the answer.

Refusing to be fuel for the fire is.

Just remember NetJets, Southwest, FedEx, etc were not the best places to work years ago. It was the pilots that stayed through the bad times and built the benefits that the pilots there now enjoy. Its easy to go to a company with the best pay and QOL, but remember it wasn't always that way and the pilots before you fought for those benefits.

Don't forget getting called to make sure you come to work in the morning, because everybody is irresponsible and can't remember if they have to work the next day, basically there're all children so they need to be reminded. DON'T FORGET TO COME TO WORK. What a bunch of BS

9L has always been a crap shoot....The fact we BID a scheduled every month then our awarded block time is removed because THEIR plane breaks down is horse S**t, lets talk about the crap we are bidding on. How many lines this month had all overnight pairings? 3 WTF is that, a 4 day trip and 2 overnights, 70 hrs and 14 days off. Instead of complaining about what a crappy life we all lead at 9L Lets take a pilot stand before Apla rolls in. Any suggestions? i have a few

When you vote ALPA in, you wil have the same work rules, just written in a nifty little book.
All your gripes are happening at ALPA carriers, but right now you're already keeping 2% of your pay check.
Don't be fooled, ALPA is not the answer.

Makes you wonder who the anti-alpa stooges are on this board. Buddy is that you or one of your knickle dragging slaves talking for you.

Just remember NetJets, Southwest, FedEx, etc were not the best places to work years ago.
It's not in Pinnacle's best interest to let Colgan become the next "NetJets, Southwest, FedEx, etc"

When you vote ALPA in, you wil have the same work rules, just written in a nifty little book.
All your gripes are happening at ALPA carriers, but right now you're already keeping 2% of your pay check.
Don't be fooled, ALPA is not the answer.
With ALPA you have legal recourse. Without representation you are subject to the whim of management. I think the Colgan pilots have already seen what that can be like.

Everyone who is on the fence and considering the stuff contained in these memos needs to sit back and think why management is so scared of ALPA. Its not because they are such amazingly great people have your interests at heart and are trying to protect you.

They're trying to trick you. They're scared. They know that having ALPA means you can protect yourselves and you can fight to make things better. Thats management's worst nightmare.

There are countless pilots out there who have benefited from ALPA in ways you cannot even imagine. I know many people who still have their jobs because of ALPA, don't have violations on their records because of ALPA, still have their medicals because of ALPA, etc. It goes a lot further than just having a contract. Sure, its not perfect, but it sure is a lot better than being at the whim of a management like you all have at Colgan.

And, as far as the Pinnacle pilots "wanting your jobs"... I highly doubt that. The Pinnacle pilots I know just don't want to be screwed if the two companies are ever combined. If that ever does happen, with no union... right now you have no say. If you're ALPA, you will have a voice at the table and negotiate with everyone involved whatever the situation may be.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back