Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

V1cutsrfun

Gomerski'
From:Sent: 18NOV08 08:48Priority: HighTo: ALL-ALL-ALLSubject: 5661: Maintenance Cancellations
Hi! Due to high volume of calls and e-mails, I want to clear up any questions on maintenance cancellations. Current policy is 2 hours or actual block hours flown. If your flights were cancelled and you are below 2 hours, you will be brought up to a 2 hour credit. If you flew more than two hours, this is be your credit for the day. Thanks, C

I know I have spoken to a good many people over the last several months, most of you shake your head in disbelief that such egregious policies still exist. Most can't comprehend the living conditions, our pay, quality of life, etc. This was a cut and paste from today's daly ration of rhetoric found on crew trac....

PLEASE! PLEASE PLEASE!! This is why it is so very important to vote in ALPA. This is nothing more then Mgt's way to try and entice us to not write up an airplane.... whats next weeks policy going to be?BLAH BLAH BLAH

V1

Here is a reason to vote yes

One of our bids for December has a sit of 5:15. Guess how much you need for hesitation pay... 5:30 (4:45 sit with 15 minutes after arrival and 30 minutes prior to next flight= 5:30). Funny how that all works out... for them!

This policy has been there for at least 4 years but has never been enforced. Short version is "Fly the broken airplane or don't get paid."

....but they pay for weather cancellations... Errr... well ...sometimes they do. Or they just call it an operations cancelation, which was brought on by a Fu(k'n HURRICANE! Either way, they will find a way to weasle out of something, and screw over the people that bring them their success.

ALPA NOW!

V1

One of our bids for December has a sit of 5:15. Guess how much you need for hesitation pay... 5:30 (4:45 sit with 15 minutes after arrival and 30 minutes prior to next flight= 5:30). Funny how that all works out... for them!

That was changed as well, the original policy was that anything over 4 hours from arrival to out of the gate = hot reserve pay.

VOTE ALPA!!!!!

Why do you guys work there if it sucks so bad?

Why did you accept employment from dirtbags?

I mean, how did you choose to become part of that organization and submit yourself to those policies/workrules? But now, you're complaining about it?

Without your complicity, they couldn't do it.

By showing up for work and making the airplanes fly, you're enabling bad management and encouraging them to continue with such bad practices.

ALPA isn't the answer.

Refusing to be fuel for the fire is.

Why do you guys work there if it sucks so bad?

Because it is an honorable profession and job. Just because Cogan/PCL makes it not so, doesn't mean they should leave..

Why did you accept employment from dirtbags?

They are not accepting employment. They choosing to vote for representation.

I mean, how did you choose to become part of that organization and submit yourself to those policies/workrules? But now, you're complaining about it?

As I said, they are working on getting a voice and resources to defend themselves.

In addition, there might be good reasons for one to work at Colgan. Location for example.

Without your complicity, they couldn't do it.

That is why they are voting for ALPA.

By showing up for work and making the airplanes fly, you're enabling bad management and encouraging them to continue with such bad practices.

That is why ALPA is their answer...

ALPA isn't the answer.

And what is? Quitting? Be a quitter? Quitting is for losers. Real Men and Women work to make the place better than they found it...

Refusing to be fuel for the fire is.

Tough talk on an internet message board where you don't have to actually back yourself up with reality..

In addition I am sure there are some pilots that have quit and moved on to better jobs... but what about those that have stayed....??

Give the Colgan guys credit... they shouldn't have to quit Colgan and give up their livelihood, their ability to pay their rent, buy food and clothes, and maybe some gas to get to work, just to make a radical statement that isn't pragmatic...

Because it is an honorable profession and job. Just because Cogan/PCL makes it not so, doesn't mean they should leave..
So then there's a case for working at wal-mart.
Yes...they actually did accept employment knowing full well the mediocre working conditions. By keeping places like Colgan alive, you're fostering poor management practices. Alot like bailing out the Big Three.
As I said, they are working on getting a voice and resources to defend themselves.
Yes...a very soft voice...the whisper among the screams.

And what is? Quitting? Be a quitter? Quitting is for losers. Real Men and Women work to make the place better than they found it...
And look how wonderful air midwest was...with the help of ALPA. Really the pinnacle of the airline industry...

Tough talk on an internet message board where you don't have to actually back yourself up with reality..

In addition I am sure there are some pilots that have quit and moved on to better jobs... but what about those that have stayed....??

Give the Colgan guys credit... they shouldn't have to quit Colgan and give up their livelihood, their ability to pay their rent, buy food and clothes, and maybe some gas to get to work, just to make a radical statement that isn't pragmatic...
Quite the BS Rez! Do you know their are airline jobs out there paying less than un-employment? Are those "honorable"?
Pathetic...

In addition, there might be good reasons for one to work at Colgan. Location for example.

That is why they are voting for ALPA.

That is why ALPA is their answer...

In addition... Most of the rules have been forced/ crammed down our throats as the company sees fit. There are also doing so DIRECTLY against all the promises that have been found to be false. Things like, improved pay, days off, silly things like, check airman sitting reserve, and not just reserve, sitting HOT reserve at the airport for up to 8 hours at a time, many times per month. Now they are building lines with pairings that have hot reserve BUILT into the pairing. Things like this didn't exist just a few years ago....

So... there you have it....

ALPA Now!

V1

Latest resources

Back