• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Managment.... Business as Usual

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Makes you wonder who the anti-alpa stooges are on this board. Buddy is that you or one of your knickle dragging slaves talking for you.
What about the 44% of Comair pilots in bad standing with ALPA? Are they "Nickel-dragging slaves" as well? I truly do hope the ALPA reps, when they're "educating" the Colgan pilots about the upsides of ALPA, also mention the weaknesses and downsides of ALPA. It's only fair to the Colgan pilots.

Why do you guys work there if it sucks so bad?

Why did you accept employment from dirtbags?

I mean, how did you choose to become part of that organization and submit yourself to those policies/workrules? But now, you're complaining about it?

Without your complicity, they couldn't do it.

By showing up for work and making the airplanes fly, you're enabling bad management and encouraging them to continue with such bad practices.

ALPA isn't the answer.

Refusing to be fuel for the fire is.

If you work for any regional carrier flying an aircraft with less than 110 seats or so; and have gotten your first 121 job since say; 1992 you should basically quit based on your logic. Don't throw stones if you reside in a glass house.

Colgan could be a better place to work. I think ALPA is a step in the right direction but by no means a be-all end-all solution. By voting in ALPA I am making a decision to be less fuel for the fire.

A lot of good people work at Colgan. Don't assume you can step in our shoes and make a decision based upon circumstances that you know nothing about. While I applaud the altrustic nature of your post; I suspect that you lack the maturity, experience, and sufficiently sized gonads to carry out your suggestion if placed in a similar circumstance.

Signed:
One of the 151.

PS complicity is a great word...really impressive.

Why do you guys work there if it sucks so bad?

Why did you accept employment from dirtbags?

I mean, how did you choose to become part of that organization and submit yourself to those policies/workrules? But now, you're complaining about it?

Without your complicity, they couldn't do it.

By showing up for work and making the airplanes fly, you're enabling bad management and encouraging them to continue with such bad practices.

ALPA isn't the answer.

Refusing to be fuel for the fire is.

Ummm.... Just by chance, you wouldn't be enjoying the higher quality of life at another carrier that has a contract... are you? A contract that was achieved by another pilots testicular fortitude....with no contribution from yourself?

Hmmmm? Nahhh... you wouldnt do that!

V1 :confused:

When you vote ALPA in, you wil have the same work rules, just written in a nifty little book.
All your gripes are happening at ALPA carriers, but right now you're already keeping 2% of your pay check.
Don't be fooled, ALPA is not the answer.

Spoken like someone who has always had a union.

Someone else said it but it's worth quoting:
"If you think life with ALPA is so bad, try life without ALPA".

People really have no idea what it means to have NO contract, NO work rules, and NO representation.

Do you think those management teams at FedEx, ExpressJet, Delta, etc. just couldn't wait to pay their pilots more money and give them better working conditions? Do you think that they are just generous? Those working conditions are there because of their representation fighting for it!

I'm not saying that Colgan is going to be FedEx, but it could be a heck of a lot better. People like you have no idea how bad it can be.

VOTE ALPA
www.alpa.org/colgan

When you vote ALPA in, you wil have the same work rules, just written in a nifty little book.
All your gripes are happening at ALPA carriers, but right now you're already keeping 2% of your pay check.

Yeah, the nifty little book will have the same crappy rules. Do you have a clue? With the management at Colgan the rules change anytime they want. Oh, don't like the 2 hours you got for that MX cancellation? Well then will go to no pay for that cancellation. Think that's not possible? I've been here long enough to have seen the MX cancellation rule change at least 5X. Not always for the worse either. You see when things are going well in the industry they have given block pay for MX cancellations. Things over the last year have pointed to management making it much worse rather than better. I'd rather stop the bleeding an get the rules writen down in a "nifty little book".

Status quo is better than having rules changed at someone's whim.

Ask the Colgan pilots about their current contra.......

oops...

Why does PCL not have a contract? are they not pulling hard enough up on their bootstraps?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back