• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Colgan Maintnance Records Clerks make more than the pilots!!

ultrarunner

Total Time
There is also more banter in this mornings paper on the "tired Colgan pilots". Maybe we need to see an article on their competence. I'm pretty much tired of hearing about this chicks sniffles!

Last edited:

goodgig

Total Time
Plenty
Where are you going to find a records keeper for less money?
They need to feed a family!

Jar Jar

I spake!
Total Time
Its an equally important job. The record keeper doesn't need to be paid less, the pilots just need to be paid more. There will be another 3407 if nothing changes, regional FOs are still sleeping in airport lounges, 'crashpads', and cars.

777forever

Total Time
Previous Management experience required. That kinda pay sucks for a job requiring this. Pay better be at least in the 70s if you're requiring this. But in this kinda economic environment I'm sure they won't have a problem finding someone.

A-Track

Total Time
some
It's a posting for a Managers position not a records clerk. I'd be supprised if the clerks are making more than $10/hr

PapaSiera

Total Time
enough
Yea, your previous experience could be manager of Subway. You guys sure sell yourselves short. You have 10 times the education, training and responsibility. I guess I'm not surprised with low pilot pay when pilots themselves place such little value on what they do.

777forever

Total Time
Yea, your previous experience could be manager of Subway. You guys sure sell yourselves short. You have 10 times the education, training and responsibility. I guess I'm not surprised with low pilot pay when pilots themselves place such little value on what they do.

Yes a manager of Subway can just walk into that job in this economy. Riiighht.....

PapaSiera

Total Time
enough
Come on guys....associates degree? Really? All of us would be qualified for this job.

Whataboutbob

Total Time
Its takes money to motivate somebody. They need to motivate the book keepers for such a boring job so that they can avoid paying fines down the road. They put a higher value on that vs pilots. We as pilots have done it to ourselves taking low pay entry level positions after convincing ourselves that its just a stepping stone. When in fact the stepping stone is now a career position. Management knows this and they also know we are motivated in our jobs since we all want to go home at the end of the trip in one piece. Management uses this as a motivator to let us continue underpaid and over worked.

Dutch

Total Time
7000+
City of Chicago web site has an opening for a "laborer" at ORD. Empty trash, cut grass, shovel snow and earn $29/hr. That works out to about $4000 a month. I applied yesterday, better than the $26,100 I'll be making after my downgrade training is done.