Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flybet3

Fly for me! Get my Bonus!
I saw Colgan was hiring instructors for their SAAB and Q400 sims. Does anyone have any info on that? Pay? bennies? bases? Do they get flight bennies? and with who? Thanks

Anyone also have a current gouge for the instruction position.

PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT DO IT!!!!! The pay and QOL is HORRIBLE!! One of our full-time Saab instructors just quit because of the QOL and treatment from this company. Plan on living in a crappy hotel in STL or IAH for 20-25 days a month, jaw dropping low pay, MAYBE 8 days off so good luck with a commute, etc etc. The check airmen at this company get treated like crap and so do the instructors. I cant stress enough how bad it is...pm if you want more details.

PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT DO IT!!!!! The pay and QOL is HORRIBLE!! One of our full-time Saab instructors just quit because of the QOL and treatment from this company. Plan on living in a crappy hotel in STL or IAH for 20-25 days a month, jaw dropping low pay, MAYBE 8 days off so good luck with a commute, etc etc. The check airmen at this company get treated like crap and so do the instructors. I cant stress enough how bad it is...pm if you want more details.

Yep! That about sums it up............! nuf said..... Oh.... yea.... and at will they will cut your pay...... just cuz... no warning.... Many Check Airman have stated their intention to resign when they transition to the Q.... there is absolutly NO REASON to stay, or become a Check Airman.....:rolleyes:

V1

From what I have heard on this web site and others, Colgan Air = Titanic

Abandon ship.....

What happened to that "Family Atmosphere" I have heard makes Colgan a friendly place to work?!

Another Scumbag opportunity. Thanks Agnar. You were a scumbag at ..., a scumbag at SYX and a scumbag at Colga>>>>

Agnar and your guardian angle, Mike, try operating an airline that follows both the regulations ... it will be a new world.

Clive (OK, you are hopeless, DOUG S.), wake up ... these guys were scumbags before and still are.

Bob

From what I have heard on this web site and others, Colgan Air = Titanic

Abandon ship.....

What happened to that "Family Atmosphere" I have heard makes Colgan a friendly place to work?!

Ummm... Did I miss something? Isn't Wall Street one big happy family.....??;):rolleyes:

V1

About two years ago, I was doing some research on possibly becoming a professional pilot and getting my start with the regional airlines. I first called Air Wisconsin. During that call, I spoke to the woman at the front desk to the pilot recruiters. They all were friendly and professional. I also spoke to people at Republic Airways and was treated the same. THEN... I called Colgan Air. I first spoke to the receptionist who answered the phone in a polite and professional manner. She then connected me to someone named....Chuck. I don't know who CHUCK is or what part of Colgan Air he works for. But this much I will say. Chuck is one of the most rude, dismissive, and unprofessional individuals I have ever spoken to over the phone!! Working for the regional airlines isn't "workers heaven" but geez. I don't know what people's experience with Colgan air is, but mine wasn't that great.

I saw Colgan was hiring instructors for their SAAB and Q400 sims. Does anyone have any info on that? Pay? bennies? bases? Do they get flight bennies? and with who? Thanks

After watching the PBS Frontline story, I guess you wouldn't even need to be typed on aircraft you're instructing on

Sim instructor positions at PCL and Colgan are non union, non seniority list positions. They do not lead to an opportunity to interview for a pilot position. You will be locked into a non flying job. You will be required to be available 30 days a month and it is not unusual to work 26 days a month. They think nothing of leaving you sitting in a hotel for weeks at a time with no car provided.

Latest resources

Back