Colgan IAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vtchaz said:

As for changing carriers, you can't even compare. Skywest voluntarily gave up that contract. They didn't even bid on it again. The route CAL wanted to go with it wasn't where they wanted, so they parted. Expressjet flies RJs, and like the other operators of RJs there's a lot of changes going on there. Colgan flies turboprops, a market that is making a strong comeback for obvious reasons. I don't think we have much to worry about.

Actually, SkyWest did bid on the flying. CAL wanted bigger turboprops back on property. SkyWest didn't want another fleet type. They bid the contract with i believe 20 Brasilias. But CAL wanted a bigger prop. I guess they thought the SAAB was the answer. It broke up the best SkyW base. All well. (sigh)

As far as the terminal A thing, I thought walking out to spot 114 sucked. I imagine the B hardstand would be a welcome change.

Also with regard to the MX, I know off atleast a couple of SkyWest techs that stayed behind at Colgan. I knew these guys and I never doubted their work. I dont think work ethic changes with a uniform.

I don't know if the IAH operation is growing. Colgan is re-opening Tyler, TX as a base so that takes away 3 lines from Houston.

dal757 said:
Have things smoothed out with the Colgan IAH operation?

It's seamless. Like a ripped seam.

dal757 said:
Any talk of expanding routes out of IAH?
From what I've been heard any "growth" for CAL out of IAH will pretty much be done by CHQ replacing XJT flying. I don't think there will be any "new" routes unless they were ones that were pulled down after 9/11.

Last edited:
I am not bashing Colgan. Every time I have ridden them so far (once) it has been a nice flight, things went smoothly, and it wasn't much different than an RJ flight except for the fact that your overhead bins couldn't fit my flight kit. I simply mentioned that we were met by MX and you act like I spit on your mother's grave. You guys are too sensitive. If I got this knotted up every time someone told me I had "shiny jet syndrome" I'd be out on a ledge somewhere by now.

Deerkiller said:
Also with regard to the MX, I know off atleast a couple of SkyWest techs that stayed behind at Colgan. I knew these guys and I never doubted their work. I dont think work ethic changes with a uniform.
You know it. We miss SkyWest. Come back soon. As for our work ethic, unchanged. As with the rest of the techs. Tell all the old IAH guys hello.

Latest resources

Back