Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan forgot to pay it's employees today.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hope ya'll parked the airline til you got paid....

You 'tards are still flying even though you aren't getting paid?

PSHHHHH

i dont care what any memo says, if i aint paid i aint workin. Think they'll fire you? Try to see how that holds up in court.

Most regional pilots live paycheck to paycheck at somepoint, except for the select few who have daddy buying them breitling watches and $450 steel studded flight cases so they can look like a super cool airline pilot.

My daddy hasnt bought be anything like that. Since Im already a super cool airline pilot, he buys me things I need... like a new Harley. Even at CA pay he still insists...

I never worked paycheck-to-paycheck as a first year regional FO; put 10% into the 401k, paid extra principal on my student loans and banked a couple grand too. Not bad on $25k gross...and not too difficult if you're not supporting a family or crushing debt.

I wonder how many paycheck-to-paycheck pilots have smartphones with data plan, flat-screen TVs, travel the world on days off, etc...

All that said, it doesn't excuse your company from meeting THEIR financial obligations of paying employees on-time and I'd definitely be seeking a remedy if their incompetence and/or negligence with payroll cost me in fees or credit score.

That's some "glitch" for sure! Several years ago at ASA the company mistakenly deposited just over $830,000 into a coworkers account one pay period. He let it ride a few days before contacting the GO to straighten it out. I advised that he should withdraw the cash immediately and visit Skip in Antigua!

So...

A) Who plans to have bills taken out ON THE DAY they are supposed to get paid? Seriously? Has the phrase "Never count your chickens before they hatch" never been said to you?

Corporate America does this all of the time. As a matter of fact, paying at the last possible moment is probably taught at business school.

Corporate America does this all of the time. As a matter of fact, paying at the last possible moment is probably taught at business school.

Yes, it is taught in B-school...as well as undergrad personal finance courses. Making your money work for you until the last possible moment is financially sound and financially smart.

...that said, businesses have line of credit to cover expenses until they get paid and attorneys either on staff or retainer to compel payment from those who owe when they don't pay on time, as well as contracts that clearly state penalties for late payment. Joe Employee doesn't typically have resources like they available to him.

Latest resources

Back