Colgan flying SAABs in IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chperplt said:
Just an FYI... The FAA cannot stop the buffet eating family from signing an agreement with anyone. What they can do, and are, is evaluating your MX department on a daily basis. Don't be surprised to see the entire operation shut down minutes after the next engine failure.

Fly safe and keep BOTH eyes open on those preflights.

I like that, thats the spoken truth with a dash of humor. BOTH EYES GENTELMEN, BOTH EYES!

chperplt said:
What they can do, and are, is evaluating your MX department on a daily basis.

There is nothing new in what you said since it applies to any airline out there, or rather to any airline in a state of rapid expansion.

chperplt said:
Don't be surprised to see the entire operation shut down minutes after the next engine failure.

It's interesting how a much confidence there is in a such a subjective statement (unless, of course you work for the FAA) :)

chperplt said:
Fly safe and keep BOTH eyes open on those preflights.

Thanks for the friendly advice. BTW, are you currently employed by Colgan, or you used to work at some point in life? If so, why your posts carry so much resentment in regards to Colgan? (and if not, why write posts about Colgan??).

FC

Flying_Corporal said:
It's interesting how a much confidence there is in a such a subjective statement (unless, of course you work for the FAA) :)

No, I don't work for the FAA. I do however have many very close friends at the FAA and NTSB. My comments, as subjective as they may seem, come from fact. Time will tell... Hopefully before a fatal accident.

FC said:
BTW, are you currently employed by Colgan, or you used to work at some point in life? If so, why your posts carry so much resentment in regards to Colgan? (and if not, why write posts about Colgan??).

My resentment lies in the fact that the same practices that caused the deaths of two of my friends 2 years ago continue today. The Colgan family has not learned a thing from these deaths and more deaths will result. For that, I have every reason in the world to resent the buffet eating family... And yes, I worked there for quite a while.

chperplt said:
My resentment lies in the fact that the same practices that caused the deaths of two of my friends 2 years ago continue today. The Colgan family has not learned a thing from these deaths and more deaths will result. For that, I have every reason in the world to resent the buffet eating family... And yes, I worked there for quite a while.

Dammit, Chperplt. I took the job here on your recomendation. I might add that you were right about a lot of things here (both good and bad). The problem with me is that I'm an eternally optimstic person, so I've got syntax error here all the time, because I keep getting bent... and I don't carry any lube.

I sure wish I could vent the details of my anger, but I can't, because any one member of the family could go get a scheduler and would know instantly who I was because they're the ones bending me over... with my pants on! You know who I'm talking about... the family-member who runs scheduling, the witch "I----", and Mr. Grumpy: "L----". They've all had their turns with me.

The thing that kills me is that scheduling doesn't give a carp that they're wizzing the pilot-group off by their short-sighted quick-fixes. Pilots leave. The training department is crying mercy because they can't keep up with the exodus. If I were Head-of-Training, I'd crawl up scheduling's back-door and park it for a while until they quit pooping on our plates.

This is all off-the-record, naturally.

On the record, this is a great company with great pilots. I'm going to keep my nose to the grindstone and continue to vote "no". My dad is going to be 60 soon and is looking for a job after UAL. Thanks for nothing, ALPA.

Shy

Last edited:
Are you saying they didn't even have the common courtesy to offer you a reach around?

Latest resources

Back