Colgan flying SAABs in IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

proud_dude

Interesting.. right off of the United website... (look under press releases)

Chicago, August 15, 2005 United Airlines announced today an agreement-in-principle with new flying partner, Colgan Air that will add six Saab 340-B turboprop aircraft to the United Express fleet.

Colgan will begin serving United Express routes out of Washington Dulles International Airport on Oct. 4, 2005. Colgan will fly six United Express markets currently operated by Shuttle America from Dulles to Allentown, Pa.; Binghamton, N.Y.; Charleston, W. Va.; Charlottesville, Va.; State College, Pa and White Plains, N.Y.

"We are pleased to welcome Colgan Air to the United Express family," says Todd Arkenberg, managing director-United Express Performance. "This agreement gives United Express a high-quality service provider, while maintaining an economical cost structure. For our customers, it provides them with additional seats and safe, convenient access to United's unsurpassed global route network in these six markets.”

According to the terms of the pro rate agreement, operating costs will be paid by Colgan Air while a portion of the revenue from connecting passengers will be shared between United Airlines and Colgan Air.

Though Colgan aircraft will replace Shuttle America's turboprop fleet for United Express in Dulles, Shuttle America will continue to operate 70-seat regional jets for United Express on many routes from Washington-Dulles.

About United

United Airlines (OTCBB: UALAQ.OB) is the world's second largest airline and operates more than 3,400 flights a day on United, United Express and Ted to more than 200 U.S. domestic and international destinations from its hubs in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, Chicago and Washington, D.C. With key global air rights in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe and Latin America, United is one of the largest international carriers based in the United States. United is also a founding member of Star Alliance, which provides connections for our customers to nearly 800 destinations in 139 countries worldwide. United's 58,500 employees reside in every U.S. state and in many countries around the world. News releases and other information about United can be found at the company's Web site at united.com.

Last edited:
proud_dude said:
Interesting.. right off of the United website... (look under press releases)

Chicago, August 15, 2005 United Airlines announced today an agreement-in-principle with new flying partner, Colgan Air that will add six Saab 340-B turboprop aircraft to the United Express fleet.

Colgan will begin serving United Express routes out ofWashingtonDullesInternationalAirportonOct. 4, 2005. Colgan will fly six United Express markets currently operated by ShuttleAmericafrom Dulles toAllentown,Pa.;Binghamton,N.Y.;Charleston, W. Va.;Charlottesville,Va.;State College,PaandWhite Plains,N.Y.

"We are pleased to welcome Colgan Air to the United Express family," says Todd Arkenberg, managing director-United Express Performance. "This agreement gives United Express a high-quality service provider, while maintaining an economical cost structure. For our customers, it provides them with additional seats and safe, convenient access to United's unsurpassed global route network in these six markets.”

According to the terms of the pro rate agreement, operating costs will be paid by Colgan Air while a portion of the revenue from connecting passengers will be shared between United Airlines and Colgan Air.

Though Colgan aircraft will replace ShuttleAmerica's turboprop fleet for United Express in Dulles, ShuttleAmericawill continue to operate 70-seat regional jets for United Express on many routes from Washington-Dulles.

About United

United Airlines (OTCBB: UALAQ.OB) is the world's second largest airline and operates more than 3,400 flights a day on United, United Express and Ted to more than 200 U.S. domestic and international destinations from its hubs in Los Angeles,San Francisco,Denver,ChicagoandWashington,D.C. With key global air rights in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe and Latin America, United is one of the largest international carriers based in theUnited States. United is also a founding member of Star Alliance, which provides connections for our customers to nearly 800 destinations in 139 countries worldwide. United's 58,500 employees reside in everyU.S.state and in many countries around the world. News releases and other information about United can be found at the company's Web site at united.com.

Who cares? Colgan is the most dangerous regional flying. I take that back, I care. Thanks for the heads up, I will make sure my family won't be flying on those routes!

MELIT said:
Who cares? Colgan is the most dangerous regional flying. I take that back, I care. Thanks for the heads up, I will make sure my family won't be flying on those routes!

I second that statement!!! What a slapstick operation!!! Mesa and Colgan should merge. Would be like the offspring of an incestrial relationship.

MELIT said:

Howare they dangerous. what is the safety record at colgan compared to other regionals?

suupah said:
Howare they dangerous. what is the safety record at colgan compared to other regionals?

Its not their saftey record that I'm worried about, its their current attitude towards maintaining their aircraft thats dangerous.

Late

Your right all you guys. They hired me and I have one eye and never preflight the plane. I was curious all of you guys who do you fly for? Which Microsoft Simulator virtual airline club are you in? Have fun emptying the drains on the cessnas you just soloed in you bunch of tools.

Yeah we are so dangerous! In fact we are so bad the FAA allows us to broaden our relationships with others just so we can endanger people. Man you people are so full of it. Hey since you are all experts on aviation safety why don't you just work for the NTSB. Go ahead flame away....

PS. Go fly your Cessnas maybe if your lucky the RG will be available--tool bags of tardos....:)

In fact we are so bad the FAA allows us to broaden our relationships with others just so we can endanger people

Just an FYI... The FAA cannot stop the buffet eating family from signing an agreement with anyone. What they can do, and are, is evaluating your MX department on a daily basis. Don't be surprised to see the entire operation shut down minutes after the next engine failure.

Fly safe and keep BOTH eyes open on those preflights.

Latest resources

Back