• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why does Delta want to bring in another headache? Colgan is a sorry performer, with a weak mtc. record. I quit colgan after 1 and 1/2 years because it sucked, nothing has changed. Plus I really don't want to have to hear Colgan callsigns in my own backyard.

Why does Delta want to bring in another headache? Colgan is a sorry performer, with a weak mtc. record. I quit colgan after 1 and 1/2 years because it sucked, nothing has changed. Plus I really don't want to have to hear Colgan callsigns in my own backyard.

Because unlike ALPA, Delta management learned it's lesson from the CMR strike. Delta management is diluting ALPA's power, and they are succeeding. This is exactly why you should quit supporting a failed game plan.

Whipsaw works.... ALPA doesn't.......

I've seen Piedmont jetways at some NE outstations with a -100, so I'm sure a Q400 could easily use one.

yeah, you're right! there is nobody as good as skywest!

so what is it, 8 different DCI operations all at the same time now? If you don't count all of RAH as one?

With Colgan and XJT I Think it's 8. The "Great 8!"

Delta will go after Colgan to fly the Q400, as will the other majors, only because they have a Q400 program in place. No one really wants Colgan, but they have all those EAS passengers who are buying tickets. I am just surprised that to this point no larger, financially stable regional like XJT/ RAH/ SKW has really jumped on this growing market. Props will replace RJ's on local routes... I think on just about anything less than 300nm. The profit potential is just too much for the big players to pass up. It is just a shame that Colgan is going to reap the benefits. Sorry guys, I worked there, and I cannot wish long term success to Colgan. Pinnacle guys, get yourselves merged in with Colgan and get them unionized, because that is where the party will be in three years when more majors come looking for the next great fix to their problems.

Mini, you might be right. But fleet commonality and scheduling issues weigh in favor of the RJ's. It was explained to me that "yes, an ATR does make more sense to fly Atlanta to Augusta, but we need to make room in Atlanta and there is a 2:00 sit for the CR7. We fly it to Augusta just to get it off the gate and Delta passenergs want jet service."

If it was all about money, it would be all about the ATR since it does more for less money. ASA has looked hard at the Q400 repeatedly and keep coming up with the same reasons it can't work in Atlanta.

According to Boyd, many of the local routes will simply go away with people driving to larger airports to connect to the system. Part of the reason for the disapperance of 121 service to smaller markets are all the costs associated with security. Also, many of these airports took all the Federal money they could get to build palaces that they now have to tax the crap out of passengers to afford the maintenance. Has anyone seen the Taj Mahal in Brunswick, Georgia? It is beautiful. But how can two half full RJ's provide enough passengers in a day to pay enough facility taxes to support it? The local, federal, and airport staff exceed the number of passengers and Jacksonville is so much cheaper even the law enforcement managers on federal expense accounts are now getting routed through the larger airport.

I think many of these Federally funded facilities made little economic sense and will be shut down white elephants used to house County Governments or really nice office space for maintenance shops of the future.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back