Colgan Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GEORGE DUBYA

Conference call today ... Delta rumor confirmed. Delta interested in the Q as well as "all major airlines".

Good thing Pinnacle pilots were able to help earn their company so much money with their efficient flying, good performance, cheap pay rates, and low QOL.... now Pinnacle is able to buy Colgan all these shiny new airplanes!

I, for one, congratulate both Pinnacle pilots and management for working together towards this impressive business model.

Actually due to their 30 to 40% lower fuel burn, turboprops are believed to be the next generation aircraft after the 787, according to IATA quotes published in Aviation Week and Space Technology today. He leader of IATA said geared turboprop jets (a bid Garrett 731?) or a UDF (like the MD87 technology demonstrator) are probably the future of large aircraft as well since they burn less. Another factor is the carbon taxes which might make CO2 output a cost factor. Somehow the turboprops run more than 40% cleaner. But UDF's are noisy and can only propel an aircraft to about Mach 0.75 before running into real transonic airflow headaches. In service, expect .68 to .70 and altitudes in the high 20's. If this mainline jet of the future sounds a lot like a Dash 8-400's operational limits, well it is because they are similar.

http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/Propfan

http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/Boeing_7J7

I think the ATR72-500 is a better product with out of date avionics. It has a fuel burn 25 to 30% less than the Q400, carries almost as much and is much easier to park. The Q400 has a 737-800 sized footprint on the ramp which pretty much kicks it out of the DCI operation due to parking constraints. I've never seen a Q400 on a mini-jetway and DL is going all jetway for service transparancy. Sure, it could be designed around, but with DAL's emphasis on operational (and operator) flexibility it has been hard to figure out how to get the Q400 in the system. It might work out of New York, but forget ATL until they get the new terminal built.

Last edited:
Another factor is the carbon taxes which might make CO2 output a cost factor.

Carbon credits, carbon taxes. The next big laugable in-thing for those that honestly believe we're responsible for global cooli...warming.

Carbon credits, carbon taxes. The next big laugable in-thing for those that honestly believe we're responsible for global cooli...warming.
I agree that it is dumb, as are concerns that contrails have some effect, but we are talking about politicians and when has there been a smart, pragmatic, French, politician? England already has carbon tax regulation and Delta sells credits over Delta.com for those who want to buy a tree to feel better about their international trip.

We might not like it, but that is where Europe is heading. Besides, our carriers will benefit from the lower fuel burn and the fact that these PW1000 series engines go forever before overhaul / HSI. Try getting the FAA to sign off 15,500 hour inspection intervals like the ATR has on your CF-34 running at max ITT while trying to drag an E170 through the sky.

Great... let's bring another DCI carrier into the fold..... in fact let's bring in another subsidiary of an ALPA carrier that is in section 6 negotiations (PCL)... Herndon we have a problem....

i think i should stat actually listening in on these calls

Latest resources

Back