Colgan...cut out of IAH???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
paid4training said:
Well From reading the post it looks like bluedevil will pounce on the guy with something so he may not!!!! Oh well Duke b-ball had a crappy year anyway!!!!:) Do they still have a football team or did women soccer take over the field!!! lol:) Just kiddin!!!!

I think there are HS football teams that can beat our football team.....:D

Superpilot92 said:
Thanks for your optomistic outlook, I guess we should look at things like you and lower ourselves down and cut our days off and cut our pay. Whats the matter did you get turned down for a job at XJET and still have a bad taste in your mouth. :(

No, I never interviewed at XJT. I'm just a realist. You had one of your coworkers who wrote an eloquent post about how great a product you guys provided to CAL. I merely reminded him that that fact was irrelevant when UAL fired AWAC and when UAL/ACA divorced. Additionally, look at Comair - they do a heckuva job connecting with DAL. But look at how little that's worth. Delta has in the last couple years signed up multiple regionals, including some not wholly-owned, like low-ballers CHQ or recently Mesa. Comair superior performance is irrelevant. The bottom line is the almighty dollar, and because Comair does a better job, they're more expensive, hence it makes sense for DAL to partner with Mesa. Expect them to grow much bigger on the DAL side over the next few years.

And also let this serve as a reminder as you get comfortable in your ERJ at COEX. Those who forget the lessons of history are condemmed to repeat its mistakes. It is just a matter of when CAL signs up another regional flying jets.

FCNelson

I understand completly where you are coming from with this. Its just pathetic how the industry is racing downhill and we as a pilot group can't or wont do anything about it.

All i can say is i am very happy with the company i work for and we take pride in our jobs and company. ExpressJet is a safe company with excellant MX and the contract is better than most. Hopefully the pay will go up more in the future and the industry doesnt keep getting whored out.

FCNelson said:
No, I never interviewed at XJT. I'm just a realist. You had one of your coworkers who wrote an eloquent post about how great a product you guys provided to CAL. I merely reminded him that that fact was irrelevant when UAL fired AWAC and when UAL/ACA divorced. Additionally, look at Comair - they do a heckuva job connecting with DAL. But look at how little that's worth. Delta has in the last couple years signed up multiple regionals, including some not wholly-owned, like low-ballers CHQ or recently Mesa. Comair superior performance is irrelevant. The bottom line is the almighty dollar, and because Comair does a better job, they're more expensive, hence it makes sense for DAL to partner with Mesa. Expect them to grow much bigger on the DAL side over the next few years.

And also let this serve as a reminder as you get comfortable in your ERJ at COEX. Those who forget the lessons of history are condemmed to repeat its mistakes. It is just a matter of when CAL signs up another regional flying jets.

FCNelson
I think everyone in the industry is keenly aware of this already. Thanks for the pessimistic reminder though, we all enjoyed reading it.

Superpilot92 said:
Its just pathetic how the industry is racing downhill and we as a pilot group can't or wont do anything about it.

Honest questions: What should the pilot group do about this? What can they do about this?

-Neal

I merely reminded him that that fact was irrelevant when UAL fired AWAC and when UAL/ACA divorced. Additionally, look at Comair - they do a heckuva job connecting with DAL. But look at how little that's worth. Delta has in the last couple years signed up multiple regionals, including some not wholly-owned, like low-ballers CHQ or recently Mesa. Comair superior performance is irrelevant. The bottom line is the almighty dollar, and because Comair does a better job, they're more expensive, hence it makes sense for DAL to partner with Mesa. Expect them to grow much bigger on the DAL side over the next few years.
All true and good points, but also you have to remember you are talking about one company that is in bankruptsy and one on the verge. Although Continental is loseing money they are in a better position than the other legacy carriers and they love to get thier " best airline awards". I agree that others that can do it cheaper and if thats what's most important to them they may say goodbye to us, but it will not be all at once its hard to replace a 270+ airplane operation at once, look at how long the transition is taking to replace a few turbo-props in an effort to get it done cheaper.

Neal you been at it longer than me am I way off here?

Last edited:
HughBeamont said:
Does anyone know if ExpressJet does a good job?

I do know. I was employed by a small commuter in the past and I can assure you the grass is greener on this side of the fence!

hbrow15 said:
All true and good points, but also you have to remember you are talking about one company that is in bankruptsy and one on the verge. Although Continental is loseing money they are in a better position than the other legacy carriers and they love to get thier " best airline awards". I agree that others that can do it cheaper and if thats what's most important to them they may say goodbye to us, but it will not be all at once its hard to replace a 270+ airplane operation at once, look at how long the transition is taking to replace a few turbo-props in an effort to get it done cheaper.

Neal you been at it longer than me am I way off here?
I think its highly improbable that our entire operation would be replaced. The more likely scenario would be CAL bringing in other less expensive jet operators to do some of their flying. I hope it never happens, but I wouldn't rule anything out in this business.

Latest resources

Back