Colgan Contract?

mee

Total Time
Hey, does anyone know about the contract at Colgan? Do they actually persue if you leave before it expires?

pilotlbs

?

Just out of curiosity what is the length of the contract at Colgan Thanks.

great cornholio

Are you threatening me??
Total Time
When I was there it was 12 months and 12000 bucks pro rated. If you left after 6 months you owed 6000. I've heard of them going after a couple of people. It could have changed as I haven't been there in a few years.

pilotlbs

Thanks

great cornholio said:
When I was there it was 12 months and 12000 bucks pro rated. If you left after 6 months you owed 6000. I've heard of them going after a couple of people. It could have changed as I haven't been there in a few years.
Oh alrighty, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

MikeSF340

Total Time
YYYEEESSSS!!!!!!!! They WILL go after you and they WILL get lawyers involved! If you don't want to stay the year DO NOT GO THERE!! Trust me, I know.

C172gal05

Fr8T Dawg in Training
Total Time
A bit
Anyone out there flying for Colgan right now? Ups and Downs of the company would be great to know!!!

great cornholio

Are you threatening me??
Total Time
C172gal05 said:
Anyone out there flying for Colgan right now? Ups and Downs of the company would be great to know!!!
Do a search or look at the regionals board and you should get a good idea of how Colgan is. I left there becasue they closed my base with a NEGATIVE 3 days notice and the one and only time I called in sick I had to talk to the D.O. on the phone before I could go home. He wanted me to fly another round trip. We would usually have about 3 to 6 MELs on the plane on any given day. I've been gone from there for 2 years so not sure how it is now, but I still have some buddies that work there and it seems like not much has changed. They had a rash of engine failures in the Saab a few months ago. I beleive I heard that one of the engine failures was because Mx didn't hook the scavenge oil lines back up.