Colgan Contract?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mee

Hey, does anyone know about the contract at Colgan? Do they actually persue if you leave before it expires?

?

Just out of curiosity what is the length of the contract at Colgan Thanks.

When I was there it was 12 months and 12000 bucks pro rated. If you left after 6 months you owed 6000. I've heard of them going after a couple of people. It could have changed as I haven't been there in a few years.

Thanks

great cornholio said:
When I was there it was 12 months and 12000 bucks pro rated. If you left after 6 months you owed 6000. I've heard of them going after a couple of people. It could have changed as I haven't been there in a few years.
Oh alrighty, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

YYYEEESSSS!!!!!!!! They WILL go after you and they WILL get lawyers involved! If you don't want to stay the year DO NOT GO THERE!! Trust me, I know.

Anyone out there flying for Colgan right now? Ups and Downs of the company would be great to know!!!

C172gal05 said:
Anyone out there flying for Colgan right now? Ups and Downs of the company would be great to know!!!

Do a search or look at the regionals board and you should get a good idea of how Colgan is. I left there becasue they closed my base with a NEGATIVE 3 days notice and the one and only time I called in sick I had to talk to the D.O. on the phone before I could go home. He wanted me to fly another round trip. We would usually have about 3 to 6 MELs on the plane on any given day. I've been gone from there for 2 years so not sure how it is now, but I still have some buddies that work there and it seems like not much has changed. They had a rash of engine failures in the Saab a few months ago. I beleive I heard that one of the engine failures was because Mx didn't hook the scavenge oil lines back up.

Latest resources

Back