• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

colgan comment jar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
every time someone gets hosed on pay credit or some other scheduling snafu, that person should email chuck colgan. I bet he has no idea what is going on. Let him get 100 letters in about a week, and I bet some schnit gets changed. At least some grief would flow the other direction for once............

Couldn't say it better. Every pilot I've heard talking to them is as nice as can be to CS, even though they are fixing a cs mistake, and basically doing their job for them, but then somehow they turn it around and make you feel like it's your fault and give you attitude.

That me clarify that - some are great- L and J. But G and I are the cause of many pilots being very ticked off.

By the way- I met Ir*ne not too long ago-(don't agree with shy guy) While I was there she answered the phone and said she was amy. WTF?
Will someone clarify which names are fake?
Her supervisor was there too. How can management let this go on?

Couldn't say it better. Every pilot I've heard talking to them is as nice as can be to CS, even though they are fixing a cs mistake, and basically doing their job for them, but then somehow they turn it around and make you feel like it's your fault and give you attitude.

That me clarify that - some are great- L and J. But G and I are the cause of many pilots being very ticked off.

By the way- I met Ir*ne not too long ago-(don't agree with shy guy) While I was there she answered the phone and said she was amy. WTF?
Will someone clarify which names are fake?
Her supervisor was there too. How can management let this go on?

As I sit in scheduling...

Its Irene, not Amy, she just says it so fast that people get confused. Even the people here in Manassas think its Amy. Sometimes this place is understaffed and sometimes it isnt, all depends on the day and unfortunatly sometimes the day you call may be a busy one.

The reason hotels arent done SOMETIMES is because when the schedules are put in there is no way for us to pull a list of who is going tdy and who isnt, its just luck that you pull a schedule and see that they have you TDY and that something needs to be done, if you dont call, they wont hook you up. When I was scheduler there where certain people who I gave better treatment to, only because they where nice back. Meaning you may accidently get doubletree over best western :D The reasons you guys listed above is why I left, believe me, I hate calling people and extending them by hours unexpected and all that type of ********************.

Sorry if I ever pissed any of you off, I never meant to.

-Rob

I think that really crew schedulers are asked to make a dollar out of fifteen cents. then we as them for change.

every time someone gets hosed on pay credit or some other scheduling snafu, that person should email chuck colgan. I bet he has no idea what is going on. Let him get 100 letters in about a week, and I bet some schnit gets changed. At least some grief would flow the other direction for once............

Please don't think that I'm trying to throw anything in your faces but I wanted to give you some perspective on what it's like at XJT. As the scheduling committee chairman these emails go directly to myself and to the contract compliance committee. When ever a pilot has an issue like this they contact us. I in turn contact crew planning or crew scheduling. I bring up the issue with whom ever is in charge for resolution. 90% of the time it is resolved right there. If there is no resolution we add it to a list of things that we discuss when we meet with the company. If it is not resolved there then it goes to a grievance or group grievance. At this point the company is legally compelled to respond. They simply have to or else the arbitrator will issue a ruling. Granted this takes time however it also takes time and resources from the company so they hate dealing with it. Thats why 90% of the time when I make the initial call it's resolved.

Just wanted to give you a heads up on what CAN be achieved. Good luck folks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back