Colgan base change??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BaronPIC

In JST at the moment, heard CRW will have several openings next month. I'd really like ORF or HEF...So should I stay put and hold out for either of those or go to CRW, which I've heard is decent overall? For what it matters, I'd likely hold a 3-day weekend in JST next month. What's Charlie West like??

Any insight/advice would be great.

Many thanks....

Leave Johnstown PA?, are you on crack? Don't they have the worlds largest inclined plain or something? I think you could just walk around town there in full uniform and women would throw nickels at you. Eventually you wouldn't have to work anymore.

BaronPIC said:
In JST at the moment, heard CRW will have several openings next month. I'd really like ORF or HEF...So should I stay put and hold out for either of those or go to CRW, which I've heard is decent overall? For what it matters, I'd likely hold a 3-day weekend in JST next month. What's Charlie West like??

Any insight/advice would be great.

Many thanks....

Is this Dave?

CRW is a dump. Take it from a guy who flies there everyday. We have a couple guys based there and they all hate it. Most of the women there have frontal butts. Looks like they have an a$$ in the front and rear. I just hung out there over the weekend to party with our other pilots and I was not impressed. If you do move there, Sam's on Capitol Street is a cool place, and maybe Bar 101. Wouldn't recommend Banana Hoes (Banana Joe's). It's a sausage fest, and the few decent women there are surrounded by toolbags. Personally, I would hold out for ORF. I grew up there and can vouch that there is alot more to do and QOL is MUCH better, not to mention more attractive women. The only drawback is a higher cost of living. CRW is kinda high on cost of living too, $370/month for a studio apartment that is tiny and in an alright neigborhood. I don't know how bad JST is, but you more than likely will not like CRW. They also have some REALLY interesting weather at CRW. Gotta love mountain fog.

LOL! Funny...Yeah, JST is not the best base in the world, a lot of "PIT-and-sit" flights. Thanks for the 411 on CRW. I think I'll stay put for ORF or HEF. Good luck, see you on the line. Btw, this isn't Dave, although I think he IS going there (CRW) next month. Take it easy!

Yeah, I would wait for a larger and less redneck city. I am getting ready to start groundschool for AWAC, and if I survive that I will bid for ORF. If you end up there, PM me and I'll buy you a round. Good luck dude.

Man so CRW sucks? I am moving out their..... darn.... O well.
where should I stay away from for renting an apartment. I heard the E and W side of town are a war zone and that South is ok. What about Cross lanes? I have a family and would like a safe area for about 650 bucks a month.. Any word on crash pads in CRW?

Prop2Jet said:
Man so CRW sucks? I am moving out their..... darn.... O well.
where should I stay away from for renting an apartment. I heard the E and W side of town are a war zone and that South is ok. What about Cross lanes? I have a family and would like a safe area for about 650 bucks a month.. Any word on crash pads in CRW?

PM me and I'll give you the # of a couple of our pilots there. They can tell you alot more than I can. You work for Colgan?

Prop 2 jet Jose is a sell out he should have been looking out for you and hooked you up and lived with you. Come to Maine dude we are treated like Kings there. 8 hour duty days lol. I will be mayor by next month.

Hhahaha!! Thats cause JOSE' is from CUBA! Hey how much mail do you deliver up their? I heard that the guy from NY has had problems getting a license for his tarded cat! dee dow!

Moving soon!

Friggin illegal aliens! We don't deliver crap. Bid out of that craphole! Come live large like I am. Spent 12 dollars at the supermarket and ate for a week.

Latest resources

Back