Colgan Asked to PFT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Iced-
I was just curious.... Thanks- That doesn't surprise me, the same thing pretty much happened at GLA & COEX where he didn't even make it to the line.. He was a very sharp stick though at Great Lakes from what I have heard from a few others so I guess it could be worse- LOL

3 5 0

Hey 3 5 0

His flying is decent. He just can't keep his mouth shut. Hopefully one of these days I will have as much experience and knowledge that he has.

Hopefully one of these days I will have as much experience and knowledge that he has.

Makes two of us...... surely knows more than both of us combined.:D

3 5 0 - bet you never have more than a few "quite" moments flying with him! !

E.T. - Like from outta space?

It's AMAZING how this person has created such a shaky reputation for himself, and it follows him from job to job. When I knew him, I hoped it was just a maturity issue, but apparently he never learns from past mistakes.

If anyone wants to PM me, I'd love to swap stories about that character with you. Usually I don't get into gossip, but on this subject I'd love an update.

Okay give it up guys...I worked at Colgan and I don't know who you are talking about! What's his name? Pm me...

Colgan

Be very careful if you're considering employment with Colgan. All they care about is how much money is coming in and keep their money as long as they can before paying their bills. Also be prepared for some major out-of-pocket expenses since they use out stations with no RON. So it's either a crash pad or finding a cheap hotel room. And zero per diem. And if you don't live in base, forget about trying to get home since the flights on U are almost always over sold.

The employees are treated like crap by management, dispatch and screw scheduling. It is extremely rare to have a day that everything runs the way it should. They fix problems by looking at the small picture and have complete disregard to the larger picture. And who is the one to suffer? You!

They have become so tight with money that hotel rooms are shared now during recurrent and you have to pay your own way to the training center from the airport if the van driver is unavailable. Not to mention the pay freeze they just initiated. Convenient since almost half of the company is due for a raise within weeks of the freeze.

If there are any other options besides Colgan I would definitely consider those first. Turbine time is nice but not at the price you would have to pay at Colgan.

My guess is you guys are talking about "Eric The Great." I dont know the guy other than ground school. I know he pissed off alot of people though (Classmates) from being a "know it all." I guess the teaching thing wasn't his thing. Anyone know specifically why he didn't get to finish his recurrent class?

As far as working at Colgan goes good company good people. They do give you the run around as far as maintenence/scheduling issues. I enjoyed the time I was there, great flying experience. However I am even more delighted to be out of there. I must say for a flight instructor or a 135 guy who wants to learn turbines, Colgan is perfect. Working at Colgan was a interim job, a stepping stone as you would call it, just like it is for most people. Overall I liked the people I encountered there and I am thankful I was able to work there in the interim.

I hope to god Colgan does not go PFT or aquire thier pilots from a place like EJI or TAB Express. They have a good safety record. If they use places like that, it wont last for long. Not to mention other airlines will see PFT back again and decide to bring it back.

Oh and another thing:
If Colgan does not get jets with US Airways they won't survive. I think with the EAS funding getting cut back, they have to move to something else. My experiences there were that Colgan was trying to run a 121 operation like it was a mom and pop 135 outfit. Just a monkeyf**k if I may call it that. If they can't runs 7 Saabs effectively and effieciently how can they run jets at all?

If Colgan does not get jets with US Airways they won't survive. I think with the EAS funding getting cut back, they have to move to something else. My experiences there were that Colgan was trying to run a 121 operation like it was a mom and pop 135 outfit. Just a monkeyf**k if I may call it that. If they can't runs 7 Saabs effectively and effieciently how can they run jets at all?

We like to call it a 120 1/2 outfit.

You're completely right though. The contract with U is up in 1 1/2 years. They had better think long and hard about the future of the company. If they don't, they won't have a company to worry about.

I've got 2 1/2 years invested here and have just about have my 1000 turbine pic. I got what I came here for.

Latest resources

Back