• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan ALPA Election Dates Set!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good deal, let's take care of business this time around! To anyone who reads this and works at Colgan: don't just assume that it will pass and your vote doesn't really matter- it DOES. Last year, we missed ALPA by 4 stinking votes. We needed 155 and we got 151. To come that close and miss the boat was a tough pill to swallow.

I want Colgan FO's to understand something: if push comes to shove regarding an incident/accident, etc., you don't have a contract or any protection- period. (I'm not minimizing anyone in mgmt, etc., by the way.) But this is just a fact. I think most of us have worked hard enough, making not enough, only to be at the Company's whim when a situation arises. You need an advocate that protects you, your certificate, medical, and your job.

Before you vote, make sure you talk to current ALPA members. See how they truely feel about ALPA.

Before you vote, make sure you talk to current ALPA members. See how they truely feel about ALPA.
I think better yet, talk to current Colgan pilots and see how they feel. Colgan is not Skywest, Skywest pilots are treated very good by management, Colgan is a whole different animal.

I think better yet, talk to current Colgan pilots and see how they feel. Colgan is not Skywest, Skywest pilots are treated very good by management, Colgan is a whole different animal.
We all know how they're treated. ALPA just isn't the answer to everything.

pray tell what is the answer to everything?

We all know how they're treated. ALPA just isn't the answer to everything.
So what should they do to help themselves out? Not giving you a hard time, just very curious what you believe they could do to better their present lot? When I was at Eagle I was glad to have ALPA looking out for my interest, AMR would shove it so far up our butts if they could. Looking at the aircraft you have flown in your profile I believe that you worked at SkyWest, you are luck to have a management in place that understands your worth and treats you guys well, some of your fellow pilots are not so fortunate, so for them ALPA may be the answer.

ALPA
In 2003, ALPA got my job back after a wrongful termination.
In 2005, the helped me get my medical back after a freak accident almost cost me my eye sight.
Without ALPA, I would have had a termination on my record and no medical today.

Every time I want to complain about my lot on life, I think about my life at Colgan where I had no protection at all. I usually just think, well, I could still be at Colgan.

If you don't like living with ALPA, try living without ALPA.

Latest resources

Back