• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was a controller in IAH who just retired, but he always pronounced it "Cold one."

I'm sure many pilots there view it as a stepping-stone, but there are several things I miss.

The camaraderie at Colgan was way better than it would ever be at a much larger airline. The fact that we had small bases and flew with the same guys all the time made it a lot more fun... right Beech Balls?! :)

There's a lot to be said for all those day trips. I know it sucks not getting per diem, but being home every night (or back at a fun crashpad if you commute) is a pretty good deal.

Unfortunately, unless you're a single dude, or independently wealthy, it's pretty tough to get by on those wages -even if you live in West Virginia.

Beech guys still getting beat up with the schedule, although they all "apparently" got raises...(I'll believe it when I see it)...Beech is supposed to disappear in November.

Saab guys think they have it good because of the better scheduling, but they don't realize that while they are getting 3 on 4 off, that they still can't raise a family on current wages or have any guarantee that there jobs won't be given to someone who will do it cheaper...(pretty hard to undercut, that's the security)

Q400 operations gotten alot better, we all have our fingers crossed that CAL will finalize the rest of the options, and that one day we will stop flying them for 50 seat rates...:laugh:

oh yeah, BeechBalls, your buddy in LEB tower was asking about ya, I told him you had escaped the chaos here and moved on.

yes Yes YES!
I have moved on from the chaos..I am in the hotel room now and the party starts TONIGHT!!!!
I miss my Colgan Homies a lot though....
CPierse, the camaraderie got even better towards the end because we all united against the head of the snake...

In fact, the Dulles crew-base, was decorated with various emails people had sent to mgt. in Manassas.

There was even a butt-plug, yes the sex toy, a real plastic butt-plug, and it was painted in Colgan 'capt america' theme colours....It had 'Colganoscopy' written on it.....that was a shining moment of glory for someone. noone knows who pulled that one.

Our then-chief-pilot-now-director-of-ops took that and the emails to Buddy Casey so he could get a sense of the morale of his 'troops'. Don't know the result....would love to know.

Hey BB, now that you have left are you going to come clean about hitting the redhead in LEB?

Loved to hear this story! Don't tell me, she had like a butt load of cold sores on her lips?

Loved to hear this story! Don't tell me, she had like a butt load of cold sores on her lips?

???
I have no idea...I kept on the straight and narrow up there....never know what diseases might come out of the NH and VT woods...some stuff that ain't discovered yet.
No, I never did anything up there....maybe you have me confused with someone esle.

Last edited:
Saab guys think they have it good because of the better scheduling, but they don't realize that while they are getting 3 on 4 off, that they still can't raise a family on current wages or have any guarantee that there jobs won't be given to someone who will do it cheaper...(pretty hard to undercut, that's the security)

Yes but I can tell other pilots I don't work for peanuts flying a 74 seat turbo prop that breaks even at 33 to 34 passengers. Plus, you are at Colgan. No one else will do it cheaper in any plane we fly.

Latest resources

Back