Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beech Balls

Frmr Purple Porpoise Drvr
So.....what's new over at the Pinch-Nickel??
It's just too quiet.
No new scandals??
I'm dissapointed, I was expecting to see more Colgan p00-p00 on this board.

Your brother in T-prop 'dom

The Colgan guys on here have been pretty quite for a while now. Only really big thing that I've heard in a long time was that Tom Brink just died a few weeks ago of cancer.

The Q400 operation has really improved.

Colgan fell short of an operational incentive of 99% completion factor for April. They only had 98.2% completion factor.

The line are made up mostly of day trips, which doesn't pay per diem.

The SAAB flying is up in the air. Word on the street is that Colgan met with US Airways last week to decide whether to continue the US Airways SAAB flying. Consensus is that it will be gone in October as PNCL Corp doesn't like it.

The SAAB flying is up in the air. Word on the street is that Colgan met with US Airways last week to decide whether to continue the US Airways SAAB flying. Consensus is that it will be gone in October as PNCL Corp doesn't like it.

Thats only half the company. thats not good.

I hear that FOs on the Q don't even get to bid a line....it's assigned.
And I hear that the Q operation still is awful.

I have friends that have been there 3-plus years and are being treated worse than ever.

Pilots there are considered a mechanical part, not a human being with a life. Trust me, I was there almost 4 years.

What a shame...it was soooo much better before the Continental flying (and that's a great operation apprently)

Why flame? Do you really care how it's going? the beech is still getting screwed.

Nothing significant beyond a sick call policy. Q schedules arn't what people hoped, and it takes weeks to get on the line.

doubt much will happen with the saab right now. I could see issues if UAL/USair merger was going to happen, but there is not much overlaping route structure... we've been picking up sabb flying for UAL anyways. The planes are all leased.. colgan wouldn't jump out unless they had somewhere else to send them.

Try asking again in 7 months...

Yeah Real Bad.....June schedule: 3 on 4 off 95 credit with 17 days off....it will suck when I move on....

Sure I am in the top 50% of seniority but at colgan it did not take too long to get that like at other regionals.

Plus the upgrades...last guy to upgrade on the SAAB had to wait 100 hours past the FAA mins...can you believe that? Poor guy!

Yeah I guess things are pretty bad.....

Look around and see who is flying without pilots on the street after the summer....

I already know "about to be furloughed" guys calling their old buddies here trying to land back in the left seat!

It is all a matter of perspective....

Keep smiling!

Latest resources

Back