• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

G-force

With regard to Colemill Enterprises,it is a company to stay away from if
one values not betting on every flight that you won't be violated by the Feds.
Until this year the company did not have an approved MEL,so that meant that
every flight that went on a charter could not have any squawks whatsoever.
I can tell from first hand experience that many ,many charters went out with not just one squawk but several.The aircraft 5 Kingairs(1 B200,1 200,2 A100's,and 1E-90 also 2 piston pounder navajos all sit outside on the ramp in the elements when not in use.The Dir of Ops ,Bill Colbert,cares only about the money and fires pilots for going on interviews for other jobs,and for following pt 135 regs, not violating them.The old chief pilot flew 90% of the time,took all the good trips and mgmt kept silent,he also didn't do training.The new chief pilot flies less than 50 % but is turning into a captain Bligh ,pissing everybody off,assigning double shifts for air ambulance,no weekends off.However they still have captain happy Patrick to p- off all the Sic's
The company manual states in the air ambulance section that all pilots will be trained,however that is completely false.

Aword to the wise, this company simply cannot be called PILOT FRIENDLY under any circumstances.

Last edited:
when you have pilots like (inintials MG) flying for you, its surprising you guys are still in business, he got his licenses inside a cereal box!!!!!

Get out while you can !!

Wow.. are there any reputable companies to work for? Do you think this place would be better to work for than say a gig flying Saab 340's with Colgan?

I just sent these guys an e-mail asking if they were needing SIC's..

Take the Saab Job. The heavier aircraft gain more respect latter in your career. Plus the Saab is a sweet aircraft if you have the brain power to remember all the electrical busses :)

SAAB job wasn't for me.. :)

Colemill Enterprises

I worked for Colemill for about 5 years and found it a good place to build time and learn the industry. They fly their pilots alot. I built about 600 hours a year flying Navajos and King Airs and sometimes I worked 7 days a week for weeks. The Chief Pilot isn't bad, I've worked for alot worse. I didn't get much time off, but I flew alot. As for maintenance, the pilot must check maintenance before every flight, and if there is an issue that is not deferable, the aircraft cannot be flown. I never saw the Director of Ops or Chief Pilot hold it against a pilot for refusing a flight due to maintenance. All in all, Colemill was a good place to build time, learn the industry, and fly! fly! fly! By the way, I worked every weekend while I was at Colemill. That's how I made my money!

They must stay busy, any time I am around BNA I always hear atleast one "Colemill" plane in the air.

I flew for Colemill for about three years and I really enjoyed my time there. The people including Dir Of Ops and the current Chief Pilot are a great bunch of people. If you like to be home nearly every night and like to make a decent living, Colemill is the place to be. You will gain valuable flight time and make some good friends.

You will have no problems if you stay out of trouble, know your "stuff" and don't complain about everything. If the plane's broke, don't fly it! But if you can't pass a PIC 135 check ride and be nice to the charter costumers Colemill is not the place for you. I started as a flight instructor and co-pilot on the Navajo's and King Air's and worked my way up to Navajo and King Air Captain. I had a great time and made some pretty good money for a single guy:) .

Pelican 10 said:
when you have pilots like (inintials MG) flying for you, its surprising you guys are still in business, he got his licenses inside a cereal box!!!!!

Get out while you can !!

Thought we would have seen MG in an NTSB report by now....it's only a matter of time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back