• Start date
  • Watchers 6

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never understood pilots having egos... Just look at your paycheck if you have an ego then that should be enough to humble you.

CornBread???

What do you mean, am I for real? I would be happy to convince you that I am for real. I'm not being cocky :p

I just don't understand your question.

ironic

sbchkamn

I was inquiring to the seriousness of your post considering it is on a thread about 'cocky pilots'. Your profile, and the tone of the post, seemed arrogant or cocky from my perspective. I thought it might be a humorous post but I was not sure.

What do you mean by
I would be happy to convince you that I am for real.
?

cheers

The joke's on us

There are many variations to this basic joke, but the punchline is always the same:

Q: How do you know they guy you're talking to is a pilot?

A: He'll tell you.

We're all cocky. We're pilots. Some are just cockier than others!

We work in a COCKpit for gosh sakes! You know I'm right! Admit it! :)

"I once was but a learner. Now I am the master!" -Darth Vader

-Boo!

Darth' was a pilot too, guys.

I read this post a few days ago and thought nothing of it, until today. Yep, had to fly with one of those Cocky #astards today. Worst of all he's a new hire who thinks he's Gods gift..**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**!

New hires are often 'God's gift' . . . until 'God' shows them that the more gifted you are, the longer you get to work the radio.

'God's gift' often has the gift of gab, so let them excercise it until they learn that there isn't room for 2 huge ego's in the cockpit. :)

-Boo!

I particularly enjoyed having to teach a lesson about pressurization in my CFI ground lab that was full of Riddle kids. They proceeded to TEAR me apart. "How dare you not know how to operate the pressurization system on a Triple-Seven seeing that you will be instructing in a 172!"

I have to teach 30 little kids how to read and write during the day so I could afford to pay for my flight time. That means no time for reading about the systems on a plane that I will probably never fly. I ended up getting my CFI before all of them and I even had two of them as students. Funny thing is, they sure knew a whole lot about a Triple-Seven, but they didn't know crap about teaching and they couldn't fly a 172RG worth a hoot.

Riddle Dorks

Funny thing is I can always tell the riddlers apart from normal
noncocky and nonattitude pilots. They stand out so bad it makes me sick. I wish I knew before every trip if my F.O. came from riddle, if I did I would call in sick every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No questions about it. What a waste of money. I got the same education, same airline job for 15% the cost. I saved myself 170 G's. Go Figure

Latest resources

Back