• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cockpit argument: Pilot slaps co-pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Similar thing happened at YR the year after I was an F/O there. One of the more psycho captains hauled off and slugged his F/O while taxiing out at LAS. The F/O bailed out on the taxiway (easy to do when you've got a door on your side :cool: ). The captain, who had a history of being "twitchy", taxied back alone and got the axe. Don't remember what happened to the F/O.

Last edited:
Hit 'em where it hurts. Wish I had a "I knocked him on his keester" story, but I'm not a real tough guy. I did, however abandon my post as F/O one day. Yup, walked off the aircraft, waved goodby to the Cpt. (with one finger), and reported this fine fellow to ops. He got a reprimand, and I got a new left seat. He has since retired. Hope he's eatin' beans. 3 times a day

No need to slap in the mighty T-37. The IP can reach over and squeeze the oxygen hose shut. This was apparently handy when the student froze on the controls and the IP needed them back.

All I can say is you guys have more patience than me to avoid a fistfight with some of these shenanigans.

Latest resources

Back