CO pilots STICK IT TO THE MAN!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK can someone explain this to me?

1. This was THEIR pension money. Kind of like a savings account that would pay out AFTER they retired, right?

2. Managements have a history of using pension funds for other purposes leaving pilots high and dry while somehow rewarding themselves. Courts and politicians have a history of winking at these management schemes.

3. These pilots decide THEY wanted THEIR money BEFORE management gets to rape pensions to feather management bonuses.

4. CAL management is pissed off because these pilots found a way to prevent them from doing exactly that.

Do I have that right?

Yep it was theirs.
end of story.
they chose to research away to get at it before it could be Pilfered by Management.

Now there Are those of Us who have had our Stolen. The new me wants no benefits, I want cash to spend and invest as I wish. No health bene's, no vacation time, no sick time.
If I don't work, don't pay me. BUT when I do work Pay me it all right now. Including the price you say it cost for all those benefits above. How many times have Sick days been negotiated in a contract at some cost, only to be hassled when you use your Negotiated benefit? Just one example of fly now, they pay later maybe if they have to.

It was their money,

the company took it away so they can pay their triple normal airline VP staff and buy the souls of Flt. Ops leadership over again,

they lied and got money back illegally,

they became as slimy as their leadership, but it is nothing new at CAL.

How do they sleep at night? I don't know, but those of us without principles hail them as heroes.

I think with $900,000 sitting in their bank accounts, they are sleeping just fine!!! It is the others who did not do this that are probably having trouble finding their ZZZZZ's.

Remind me never to depend on you or guys like you in a foxhole. I think you would frag me in a heartbeat if you felt you could get an extra step on some Al-Queda type who had a bead on us.

No matter how slimy management is, these guys were unethical liars and back-stabbers. They stole from the rest of the pilot group's pension in order to "get theirs."

In fact, I wouldn't doubt most of them thought of the idea from management in the first place!

When I first read the story I kind of felt like "good for the pilots for exploiting the system" but when I thought about it more it doesn't seem right.

Before we applaud this type of behavior what if every pilot did this just to exploit the system? What type of effect would it have on the pension system? If this provision was created for women that had "invested" in a marriage and now it is being exploited are the companies going to lobby to get this provision removed? And if so where does that live the women that this provision was supposed to protect?

These are the same pilots that continue to fly airplanes when the union decides to strike. They only think about themselves. And one last thing I wouldn't rely on these guys putting the gear up after takeoff so lets not even mention a foxhole.

Last edited:
Sean,

Please help. Headline WSJ today says Fear of Douple Dip in Housing! I've been scooping out rental properties like mad, but this could unwind my whole plan. WHAT DO I DO!?!

Don't worry about what the WSJ says. If the numbers on the investment meets your goals, keep buying. The ones that we are buying are homes in decent neighborhoods that were selling for 105-120k in 2004-2005. We are buying for 28k-40k and put about 3-5k in each. They still rent for $795-$895 per month.

The rents have not fallen as much as the purchase prices, therefore you amke a large spread on the PITI.

Good luck.

Check out www.hud.gov then pick your state and search for homes.

It was their money,

the company took it away so they can pay their triple normal airline VP staff and buy the souls of Flt. Ops leadership over again,

they lied and got money back illegally,

they became as slimy as their leadership, but it is nothing new at CAL.

How do they sleep at night? I don't know, but those of us without principles hail them as heroes.

You overlook one VERY important fact - the reason they were not charged with a crime is because there was no crime commited. What they did was 100% legal. That is the definition of a loophole.

Latest resources

Back