• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Co-pilot plunges from small plane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.... as soon as I saw his feet disappear out the door I'd push the nose over hard and catch up to the poor guy. Give him another chance. 007 style rescue. If he waves you off .... oh well smile wave and fly away. A least your conscience would be clear.

There we were at 9000 ft when all of a sudden the cabin exploded in a maelstrom of dust, dirt and fog. The warm confines of the cockpit were shattered by the frigid arctic temperatures of our lofty altitude.

My mind raced.......what is happening? Then it hit me....EXPLOSIVE DECOMPRESSION!!!!!!

At the altitutudes I fly in the 152, it's always a demon....lurking, hiding, always ready to rear it's ugly head.

In an instant my years of pilot training took control of my actions. I reached for the O2 mask, but in the clouded cockpit it could not be found. I knew at this altitude I had only seconds before I would pass out. I pushed the yoke forward to dive to a lower altitude.

The noise was deafening. I could hear the the Mighty 152 groan and shriek in agonizing pain as we dropped from the sky. I glanced down at the airspeed indicator...MY GOD!!!, we were doing over 120kts!!!!! At this speed I knew she wouldn't hold together much longer.

As the cockpit began to clear and the air warm, I somehow knew I would be okay. I would live to tell the tale of how I cheated death on this fine November day. I would live to regale this story at some cocktail party, summer BBQ or share it with my pilot brothers on some aviation message board.

Today was not my day to die. It was at that time I looked over and to my horror noticed my student was missing. He had been there only seconds before. A sickening feeling swept over my body as I realized the obvious. He had been sucked out of the plane in the violent chain of events.

My student always spoke of his love for flight and ironically mentioned just before we took off "If I should go before my time, I hope it's in a plane".....I guess today was his day....

I like this one, this instructor should have told the press that there was an explosive decompression and the student got "sucked" out. They more than likely would have bought it.

TurboS7 Actually, the 152 isnt a pressurized aircraft, unlike the Beech 1900D. Therefore, there wasnt a possibility of an explosive decompression. I think you should read up on your POH.

Gulfstream4ever

Dude, does the phrase "Oxygen Thief" mean anything to you?

Gulfstream4ever said:
TurboS7
Actually, the 152 isnt a pressurized aircraft, unlike the Beech 1900D. Therefore, there wasnt a possibility of an explosive decompression. I think you should read up on your POH.

Please tell me you aren't serious. You're joking right?

THAT'S IT!!!!

I hereby announce the death of irony.

Carry on....

Gulfstream4ever said:
TurboS7
Actually, the 152 isnt a pressurized aircraft, unlike the Beech 1900D. Therefore, there wasnt a possibility of an explosive decompression. I think you should read up on your POH.

....and the winner of the Boardmember Who Most Resembles a Block of Wood Award goes to....

(drum roll)

Gulfstream4ever!!!!

Ok.. Let me try and make it as clear as I can...

No one corrected him... Are you ready for this... Because we all knew... Following me so far??? We (All of us) knew (understood) that HE WAS JOKING (not being serious).

Get it now??

Hey Chper,

Perhaps you should try sign language...ROFL

I was always a little stumped by the pneumatic complexities of the venerable 152.

Perhaps you could give a 152 systems refresher for us.

Latest resources

Back