• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Co-pilot plunges from small plane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is really horrible and sad what happened, but I can't help laughing at some of the stuff you guys are saying!!!

Didnt someone on here a while back post about a student who did something similar.

I think the guy said it was a girl, who was rather off in the head. Well maybe that does not narrow it down much, but she, from what I remember of the post, showed up for her first lesson in an airline pilots uniform, then later was trying to recruit pilots for some nonexistent 135 charter company she claimed to have.

Apparently on a later lesson she decided to depart the plane.

Using humor as a relief of stress is a familiar approach. That's why we call it comic relief. You have to feel sorry for that instructor. As shaken as he must have been, you have to hand it to him for keeping his wits about him, and flying the airplane!

On the serious side, the key may be in the student's "unspecified medical condition". Not too long ago, a plane went down near here, and the post crash autopsy revealed a malignancy on the prostate of the only occupant, the pilot. The NTSB considered this signifigant enough to include this in their final report.

if you were going to kill your student would you waste 2 hours climbing to 9000 feet? anything over two stories kills you. I say suicide. I do feel for the instructor though that would be a long flight home (and quiet) but if all i could fly was a 152 with some instructor i might consider gliding too. His misery is over now

Latest resources

Back