• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO pilot dies at controls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now in all fairness, shouldn't the same rules be applied to truckdrivers, and to the elderly driving in general? My dad (age 69 now) feels that once you turn 55, you should have to take a "checkride" with the DMV every so often just to drive a car.

I agree 100% with you father...

That'll help to change the "Age 60 Rule" :rolleyes: Condolences to his family and all, but each time one of us dies in flight, or has a heart attack in the jetway right after arriving, it makes that look like a worse and worse idea to the public.
That is a good thing. For the love of God, why would you want the retirement age changed? Get out of work five years early and enjoy retirement before you come down with a serious case of pancratic cancer.

anyone heard how old the guy is?

for the dude that said "well it'll actually help the 65 rule," what about if there had been t-storms or low vis, or the plane broke inflight, or it was at a regional and some 500 hour wonder pilot was sitting to his right? I'm not saying any of us can't handle stuff on our own, it's just that we're never get the chance to hone up on our single pilot skills.

you "age 65-ers" say "well as long as he can pass a medical..."

come on...dont know about you but a monkey could pass my medical for me..in and out in 10 minutes.

35 years of having a sedentary..fast-food eating job..you'e seen some of this pilots who can't see their boots...i don't want a 64 yr old version of that guy flying my family around with some F/O new on the plane.

condolences to the guys family...

That is a good thing. For the love of God, why would you want the retirement age changed? Get out of work five years early and enjoy retirement before you come down with a serious case of pancratic cancer.

Exactly!!! why do all these people want to work longer?? I have 32 years left in this mess of an industry, why would I beg to make it 37 more? I don't get it.

Exactly!!! why do all these people want to work longer?? I have 32 years left in this mess of an industry, why would I beg to make it 37 more? I don't get it.
Some people just dont get it, espically the new guys, changing the retirement age will set us back fie years from where we want to be, and the guys who are close to 60 sure as hell dont want to work till they are 65.

Some people just dont get it, espically the new guys, changing the retirement age will set us back fie years from where we want to be, and the guys who are close to 60 sure as hell dont want to work till they are 65.

yup...at age 61 Ill be lying on the beach scratching my wrinlkly balls.

yup...at age 61 Ill be lying on the beach scratching my wrinlkly balls.
Ha, I am going to have some 21 year old blonde girl scratching mine!

Latest resources

Back