Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CNN reporting a Lear Jet down at Chicago Executive, Wheeling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
100-1/2, I'll make it short, you have no idea what your talking about. I don't know why you have such a hard on for this company, but you have the facts wrong. As for SE doing rolls in a 310, I've flown extensively with him and he would be the last person I would ever suspect of pulling any crap like that. He flew very profesional and was not a yank and bank pilot any of the times we flew together.

Oh and BTW I just came from the memorial tonight, I did look the family in the eye and give the widow my condolances, a hug and offer any help I can. This is a tragic event that you seem to think is your podium to shout down with all freight operators. Get off your soap box.

100 and a half.

my god you are a loser that knows nothing about duty times or learjets.

First of all why are you saying a 20 series lear can't do more than a 3 hr leg. I have thousands of hours in 25's and have 10,000 cash that if you show your face i will show you a 3+30 leg and land with OVER 45 MIN fuel. It is all in HOW you fly it my friend. Yes you are right...if you hold .81 the whole way and don't go about FL410 it is a 3 hr airplane. Also some 25's have better burns than others so not all 25's are 3+30 airplanes, but SOME are. Here I go again instructing you for free....ill stop right now....

Second, if ANYBODY reads your comments on duty times, if they have a true understanding of the regs, they will see you don't have ONE clue what you are talking about.

Honestly do you have ANY time in learjets or are you going off of what your little boyfriend toy next to you is saying?

and for the final thought......stop saying Lear 35 in your conversation about 3 hour legs cause you are making yourself seem like a COMPLETE idiot. do you even know the endurance of a 35? If you are SO sure you have a legitiimate case about lears I have another 10 grand that says I will take YOU, a FED, and CARGO onboard and fly over 5 hours in one just to shut you up. But even then you would say how shameful I am since you aren't a company official or faa rep and I was violating another reg. hell you would probably point it out to the fed cause that is the type of guy that you are.

This is useless. Aviation is so full of clowns like you. Don't even respond to this cause im not going to read it.

Last edited:
so you are saying a Lear w/ a 450 kit CAN do a 3+ hr leg? wow..........you were SO sure Lears couldn't do that about 6 hours ago. Come to CAE, ill have everybody teach you from step one to remold that brain you might have.......baby steps......baby steps.

Last edited:
.80M ~ 440KTAS @ FL350 which is what is regularly filed.
Maybe for you. I have all our Kalitta 25's filed for .76M at 410 KTAS at 39,0 - 41,0 in Fltplan.com, especially for longer legs, and the 35's filed for .74M at 400 KTAS at 33,0-35,0, and I've been flying Lears since the early 90's. No need to waste gas, unless it's an organ or a critical patient, and on a 3 hour leg, that extra 30-40 Kts will yield you a whopping 15 minutes faster arrival yet burn another $400-500 in fuel. I'll save the money if it's not critical.

While 410 is "available", excursions within the Eastern Half of the US rarely issue clearance limits on the ground to expect anything above 350 because of the saturation of the airspace.
I haven't been denied a 39,0 or 41,0 filing for legs over 2 hours in a long, long time, even on the Eastern Seaboard (certainly not since I've been at Kalitta the last 2 1/2 years). Don't know where you get your information, or maybe I'm just lucky, or I just know how to ask really, really nice.

YMMV ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back