• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CNN "Airlines Dirty Little Secret"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He looks and speaks like he's about to have a coronary.

With his dumb ass theories and negative impact on our profession it might not be a bad thing if he does! I have seen a lot of that guy lately he is the poster boy for what is wrong! You guys are paid enough there are plenty of guys out there that will do you job! Excuse me while I work on Management Bonuses!

More pay will never happen. The FAA will take action following this accident and implement sweeping changes to stall training, privacy acts, perhaps also to duty and rest requirements, and maybe even to cockpit warning systems. Unfortunately, it will be changes such as these that will take the place of increased salaries.

Yeah. "They" will get on pay right after acting on curbing fatigue - which has been on the NTSB's 10 Most Wanted list for almost 20 years.

Yeah. "They" will get on pay right after acting on curbing fatigue - which has been on the NTSB's 10 Most Wanted list for almost 20 years.

Agreed whatever the FAA does it will only make life more difficult for the pilots and have no or dare I even say it a more negative result industry wide!

The first thing that needs to happen is management bonuses need to be brought under control in this (and other) industries. The focal point of management is not safe operations, customer service and I dare say it is not even in sound business planning. Management in America has only two things it is concerned about these days: 1) Securing large bonuses that are not performance related and 2) finding ways to to get short bursts in stock prices with no regard to long term effects. Nothing else matters in American management in this day and age.

The first thing that needs to happen is management bonuses need to be brought under control in this (and other) industries. The focal point of management is not safe operations, customer service and I dare say it is not even in sound business planning. Management in America has only two things it is concerned about these days: 1) Securing large bonuses that are not performance related and 2) finding ways to to get short bursts in stock prices with no regard to long term effects. Nothing else matters in American management in this day and age.
''''''''''

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back