• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CNBC reports US Air / United in merger talks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's stopping someone from getting there multi commercial at 18 years old, then leave flying and doing something else for 30 years, then coming back as a major captain at age 48 and with very little flight time.

Well, you have to get hired first.

You got to do better than that to get to me. I really don't get bothered by childish dribble. PS you forgot abot the 747's

Notwithstanding the fact that you didn't read my sarcasm properly and that I totally agree with your stance on this issue, I believe you meant "drivel," not "dribble." It's childish "drivel" posted here on the almighty FlightMisInfo.com

Notwithstanding the fact that you didn't read my sarcasm properly and that I totally agree with your stance on this issue, I believe you meant "drivel," not "dribble." It's childish "drivel" posted here on the almighty FlightMisInfo.com

You are correct, I was wrong. wasn't the first time, probably won't be the last.

It's so nice seeing United's resident USAPA apologist and USAir Easties chumming up. If (Heaven forbid) this merger comes to fruition it'll be even nicer seeing that chumminess dissolve into acrimony.

TWA, If you are indeed an airline refugee (ex TWA) like most of us are I understand your frustration over a system that uses longevity. In my opinion your group took it in the shorts when you were bought by AA. I personnally don't feel the need to jump longevity nor am I in the mood to have folks jump over me?

Again, in my opinion, though AWA may have been a great place to work they still find themselves in a position where they are not bringing much to the table. Obviously this is not the fault of anyone that works there. If we do a relative seniority type of deal, AWA pilots will have gone from a small carrier to looking at widebody oceanic flying overnight,while the USAir pilots will get shoved even further down the list, Although you and some of your fellow AWA pilots would have no problem with this it would only bring anomosity and resent to the over all pilot group. If it is done by relative seniority, all of us will move up the list at a relativly constant rate as the older folks will be at the top.

Now as for USAP, they would have to go. It would make more sence to have UAPA, unless it's the USAir name that survives!!??

Not part of the LCC soap opera or at UAL, just an impartial observer. If this merger happens, welcome back to ALPA, and get use to the Nicolau, because its the list that would be used in constructing an integrated seniority list with the UAL pilots.

They have to get used to Nicolau anyway. Just because they created some farce union doesn't mean anything. The list is the list. Polonging it only has them making less money than basically everyone in the industry.

UAL is now back with US pilots about DOH. Its been a long time coming. This thing is going down and the merged seniority lists (all three) will be DOH with fences, exactly what the real US pilots declared all along that was fair. Now the west kids will have to get in the back of the line where they belong, if they are even part of this merger. Phenix has nothing of value to anyone, except the flip flop crowd on Soutworst.

Considering that US was days away from Chapter 7, I find it hard to believe that the east guys continue to pound their chest's when in fact it was AWA who swooped in and SAVED THEIR JOBS! The ONLY reason Parker bought UScare is because he did not want SWA to get any part of their gates on the east coast through a Liquidation Sale.

Parker got EXACTLY what he wanted...angry pilots (with one another) and not have to EVER worry about any negotiations for a loooong time..if ever! AWA was a good airline that was SCREWED once it bought US. Too bad!

I see ALPA doing a percentage merge among both carriers...just like NWA/DAL. Not going to get our DOH.

Considering that US was days away from Chapter 7, I find it hard to believe that the east guys continue to pound their chest's when in fact it was AWA who swooped in and SAVED THEIR JOBS! The ONLY reason Parker bought UScare is because he did not want SWA to get any part of their gates on the east coast through a Liquidation Sale.

Parker got EXACTLY what he wanted...angry pilots (with one another) and not have to EVER worry about any negotiations for a loooong time..if ever! AWA was a good airline that was SCREWED once it bought US. Too bad!

I see ALPA doing a percentage merge among both carriers...just like NWA/DAL. Not going to get our DOH.

Don't forget AWA was in just as bad a shape! Even Parker said they would have been out of buisness if they wouldn't have mergered with Airways. They would have followed Frontier and probably been bought by Republic. I think the Merger saved both of them.

UAL is now back with US pilots about DOH. Its been a long time coming. This thing is going down and the merged seniority lists (all three) will be DOH with fences, exactly what the real US pilots declared all along that was fair. Now the west kids will have to get in the back of the line where they belong, if they are even part of this merger. Phenix has nothing of value to anyone, except the flip flop crowd on Soutworst.

You bet. You guys couldn't evade BINDING arbitration. Now you're saying not only will you successfully ignore an arbitrators ruling, you will ignore the Permanent Injunction and DOH will finally prevail...This is what you believe???

AWA is gone. So is AAA. It happened years ago. You guys wanted the single carrier status to steal what you couldn't get through normal, civilized channels. Well, you got your status. SINGLE CARRIER. USAPA, in no way, has the requirement to negotiate WITH ITSELF. There is no East, There is no West. Only the Single Carrier Status with the Common Collective Bargaining Agent known as USAPA.

The noose is as tight as it's going to get on DOH. Seham of course is already trying to make the AFOC believe that they're going to finally get that second bite at the apple. It's all a LIE but Good Luck anyway.

Latest resources

Back