• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CNBC reports US Air / United in merger talks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem with fences, particularly long fences which would be required in this instance with a DOH list, is that you create two pilot groups within one list.

Oh. Really? That's a real problem for you? Hmmmm. Seems like, oh, I dunno, maybe there could be much bigger problems. Think, think, think....when has a no-fence situation caused an even bigger problem. Hmmm.

I think the average FI.com reader can read between your lines and see why you'd think of any little reason not to embrace fences.

Two pilot groups constantly squabbling over where the fence should be, suspicious of each others motives, IOW a divided group.

Oh my god, that's right! Then there's that constant squabbling over where the fence should be. Yeah, gosh, that squabbling sounds simply horrid. Gee, glad you brought this up. Call Nicolau! Get him in here to set up the UAL guys ASAP. They'll thank you, for sure.

If I insert my relative seniority into the USAir nic award I go into the list at a point where I am junior to AWA guys with 6 years less longevity who are for the most part younger than me. NO thanks.

What's the problem? West guys are going to be real respectful and nice to you, like the one guy here who said a while back that he was practicing his Nicolau callout "Gear up, Grandpa!"

Good luck trying to explain to an AWA pilot that he doesn't belong ahead of you on the combined list. They fly people out of PHX you know!! That's where all the real action is, in case you hadn't noticed, and expect to carry those stellar career expectations with them across both oceans in the left seat of your 777's and our 330's.

The day you get your Commercial Multi rating.

What's stopping someone from getting there multi commercial at 18 years old, then leave flying and doing something else for 30 years, then coming back as a major captain at age 48 and with very little flight time.

What's the problem? West guys are going to be real respectful and nice to you, like the one guy here who said a while back that he was practicing his Nicolau callout "Gear up, Grandpa!"

Good luck trying to explain to an AWA pilot that he doesn't belong ahead of you on the combined list. They fly people out of PHX you know!! That's where all the real action is, in case you hadn't noticed, and expect to carry those stellar career expectations with them across both oceans in the left seat of your 777's and our 330's.

You got to do better than that to get to me. I really don't get bothered by childish dribble. PS you forgot abot the 747's

Oh. Really? That's a real problem for you? Hmmmm. Seems like, oh, I dunno, maybe there could be much bigger problems. Think, think, think....when has a no-fence situation caused an even bigger problem. Hmmm.

I think the average FI.com reader can read between your lines and see why you'd think of any little reason not to embrace fences.

Oh my god, that's right! Then there's that constant squabbling over where the fence should be. Yeah, gosh, that squabbling sounds simply horrid. Gee, glad you brought this up. Call Nicolau! Get him in here to set up the UAL guys ASAP. They'll thank you, for sure.

Not part of the LCC soap opera or at UAL, just an impartial observer. If this merger happens, welcome back to ALPA, and get use to the Nicolau, because its the list that would be used in constructing an integrated seniority list with the UAL pilots.

What's stopping someone from getting there multi commercial at 18 years old, then leave flying and doing something else for 30 years, then coming back as a major captain at age 48 and with very little flight time.

Like res said. Only time at a union shop counts toward national seniority.

It's not really gonna matter one way or the other. In the end Tilton will get his merger bonus and Parker will have the distinction of putting the whole venture out of business leaving thousands out of work.

It's not really gonna matter one way or the other. In the end Tilton will get his merger bonus and Parker will have the distinction of putting the whole venture out of business leaving thousands out of work.

If the government had allowed the free market system to work, instead of propping up failing carriers with outdated bankruptcy laws and ATSB loans this would have happened years ago.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back