• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cmr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe - very insightful post. Can you comment on whether Comair's pilots would be able to walk when Delta exits bankruptcy as Red Flyer suggests.

If Comair's FO pay rates go through the floor it is going to make ASA's fight to sustain decent FO rates very difficult. When you look around the industry ASA does better by its FO's than anyone else and that is a credit to those who worked to negotiate our current agreement.

Joe - very insightful post. Can you comment on whether Comair's pilots would be able to walk when Delta exits bankruptcy as Red Flyer suggests.

If Comair's FO pay rates go through the floor it is going to make ASA's fight to sustain decent FO rates very difficult. When you look around the industry ASA does better by its FO's than anyone else and that is a credit to those who worked to negotiate our current agreement.

I don't know the answer to that question.

Your right about FO rates. Take a look at the XJT, CHQ, and Eagle FO rates. Most post 911 contracts took money out of the FO rates to prop up captain rates. The XJT contract is being held up as a huge ALPA victory, but the dirty little secret is that at DOS, it paid FOs less than our 1998 contract. All that glitters isn't gold....

I hope you support ALPA-PAC, if you don't, then don't complain about the fact that we have one of the most anti-labor governments in the industrialized world.

You want to challenge the RLA and these recent court decisions. Support ALPA-PAC.

Amen, brother!!!

...still a republican. I vote based on allegiance to God, Country, Airline Industry, in that order/priority.

I get a kick out of people voting for special interest (although, I am not knocking the importance of a healthy airline industry to the country). But,

If you are into fishing, pick up a fishing magazine around election time.
If you are into guns, pick up a gun magazine around election time.
If you are into conservation...
If you are into general aviation?...
If you are into protecting the right to life/abortion...
If you are into marriage between a man and a multiple choice ...
If you want to pay less taxes..
If you want to stop the flow of illegal immigrants...

Basically, you can't find a candidate that fits all your preferences. You are going to have to choose what is most important. I don't think that someone should disregard that entire list for the sake of one interest.

Poor spinproof, what are you going to do now that the hostile takeover has been flushed, much like your social life?! You'll have no more DL hatred to spew out!

On the contrary I have plenty of hatred leftover for you.

FDJ2,
So is that ALPA's answer to improving things? Supporting liberal politicians is our only hope? If so, we are all in trouble. Many of us don't want "European style" government. Any potential benefits would quickly be erased by higher taxes, higher unemployment, more govt. regulation, higher oil costs, slowing economy, and a free pass for Muslim extremists. None of which will help our industry.

Has ALPA considered some "new" approaches?

1. Transportability of seniority like all other professions. This would allow people to make lateral moves, and the MESA's of the world would have to increase their pay and improve workrules.

2. Barriers to entry. Why does it only take 10 months to become an airline pilot? Open up a Flying magazine or AOPA magazine. Plenty of places offering to make people airline pilots in 10 months. Can you make a doctor, lawyer, accountant, or engineer in 10 months?

3. Effective Brand Scope that prevents carriers and pilot groups from competing with each other. So far this has only received lip service from ALPA.

There are many other things ALPA can do besides plead with a conservative group of people that they must support Democrats and Liberals......

Yeah, but you left out a few.

4. Psychological testing for pea brains would be another.

5. Organize and vote out the pro labor party in the White House. That is the
"axes of evil" for all labor, unionized as well as non unionized!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back