• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Clueless NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sorry that you were treated poorly by my company.
If you can take the time to complain here than go ahead and take the time to complain to the companies customer relations department and maybe they can do something to make it right with you, and possibly even fix it to prevent a next time. I checked, a simple search of google will give you a Northwest Airlines customer care phone number.
In any case I hope your travel was safe and uneventful.

If you can take the time to complain here than go ahead and take the time to complain to the companies customer relations department and maybe they can do something to make it right with you, and possibly even fix it to prevent a next time. I checked, a simple search of google will give you a Northwest Airlines customer care phone number.

Don't you have an electical system to be studying or something??? :) Back to work!

Last edited:
My Thoughts as Well

Those were my thoughts as well. Bitching about the NWA ticketing and customer service to the pilots is a waste of time. Like we have any influence or input to the system.:rolleyes: We don't have a say until you, the wife, kids and "stuff" are in the seat and ready to go. If you have a complaint about the ride, this is the place. If it's about anything else...try:
Currently Kristen Shovlin, Director - Customer Care and Refunds, is Northwest's single point of contact for customer complaints. She serves as the ombudsman for Northwest Airlines and has a dedicated staff of representatives to assist with resolving customer complaints. She can be reached at:
Northwest Airlines
Customer Care
PO Box 1908
Minot, ND 58702
Phone: 701-420-6282
Fax: 651-367-8459

Go get 'em tiger!

I hear pan am was a great company to fly on, a lot of good that did them.........i guess its winner take all, dam the passangers.......

Thanks for the reply Red Tails - indeed I have sent a letter off, but it seems to the wrong address. I searched the NWA site but could only find a "refund" address. I'll fire off a copy of the letter to the address given below in a response. You'd think the Feds would make them plant an address of the compnay in plain view.

My point in telling this story on here was to simply let the NWA guys know of such poor service. After all, my not buying a ticket on NWA affects their lives, and those of other NWA employees, too. But I figure pilots need all the ammo they can get when it comes time to bargain (not that this thread means anything at the bargaining table). Have a few good friends at NWA and no intent here to blast the pilot group - just the CS clowns.

AZT

Huh?

Why doesn't she board during the pre-Board process for "...families with small children and those who need a little extra time..."?.

Apparently this process has changed. As I was getting my ticket at the counter last night (for another DH), I watched a couple with their two very small children try to preboard with "those needing a little extra time". They were promply denied and the ticket agent proclaimed "we don't preboard kids anymore, you will have to board with everyone else". :confused:

I was going to help them out, but before I could offer assistance, a bunch of other passengers offered to help them with their stuff.

A couple of years ago USAirways had that campaign, everything we do begins with U. Well NWA now has a similar campaign with the promise:NOrthwest, everything we do begins with ... well, you get the idea!:eek: Northwest has always been this way, and they keep making money so there must be a substantial S&M crowd of fliers out there. Oh, by the way, the folks in the front office (cockpit for those of you from P Park) have always been 1st rate! It's their management that drives all the rules against customer service, not the pilots, FA's or CSA's.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Red Tails - indeed I have sent a letter off, but it seems to the wrong address. I searched the NWA site but could only find a "refund" address. I'll fire off a copy of the letter to the address given below in a response. You'd think the Feds would make them plant an address of the compnay in plain view.

My point in telling this story on here was to simply let the NWA guys know of such poor service. After all, my not buying a ticket on NWA affects their lives, and those of other NWA employees, too. But I figure pilots need all the ammo they can get when it comes time to bargain (not that this thread means anything at the bargaining table). Have a few good friends at NWA and no intent here to blast the pilot group - just the CS clowns.

AZT

AZT,

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me on USair a couple weeks ago. I checked the price/seats at night and tried to buy them in the morning. When I started the purchase process it went all the way through to where you enter a credit card and I got an error message about something to do with technology glitch and a number for Usair tech support.

I called the number and the girl told me to type in USAIRWAYS.com instead of USAIR.com I told her I have never had any problems before but she was convinced this was the problem. When I did that, the same exact screen came up with the price increased $98 per ticket. I called USair res and got almost the exact same conversation, complete with a supervisor, that you did. I told her I still had the screen in my browser that proved I wasn't making this up and I would be happy to e-mail it to her. I did email it and three phone calls later, I got the original price.

If you still have that page in your browser history, it might be worth a shot.

Latest resources

Back