Close KLEX!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rw4

Not to thread drift...but anyone notice RW4 in LEX is different on the jepps than actual?
A1 has been moved to the beginning of RW4...A3 is missing the number...and there are 2 entrances to the runway not listed on 11-1....

that's ok, we don't need the exact layout i guess

PS no notams associated with that

RP 04 said:
How come you elected to continue to DC, with a busted transponder?

Um, I didn't.

Kind of stupid, don't ya think?

If Indy Center says its okay for a governmental aircraft to continue to DCA with a transponder failure (which they did), no, I don't think its stupid. Personally, what I think is stupid is how the FAA and US military don't communicate with each other - that could easily have gotten people killed.

Dangerkitty said:
Better yet, why dont we close all airports nationwide and ban all airplanes. Then there would never be another aviation accident.

Perfect, then we can all go get worthwhile careers!

Your is by far the best idea I've heard in a long time.

It's ridiculous to taxi down a runway to get to another, at many airports in Europe they have lighting built in to taxiways called stop bars, this type of lighting should be in place to indicate the runway not in use, especially at a non standard, back woods airport layout.

We'd still be weight restricted in the summer out of DEN on those runways ;)

Ok how about every airport is 20,000' x 20,000'. Have in pavement lighting every 10 feet or so both N/S and E/W (making a big grid of lights). The lights will be able to have their color changed via a computer in the tower. That way you can have multiple runways all aligned with the wind, no matter what direction it is. And have taxi ways to serve those runways.

Also have contaminated runway mode: The entire square of pavement is outlined in white edge lights, making one 20,000' x 20,000' runway. Land, and slide any way you want to, just keep it up on the wheels.

This would have prevented the Comair accident and the SWA accident at MDW last winter.

Paulsalem, I have to know. What is the background on your avatar?

Latest resources

Back