• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Close Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glider traffic, 12 o'clock and circling, same altitude. Every time he would turn head-on or tail-on, he would disappear in the cloud glare. My dad had just handed the plane over to me when my scan caught him in the middle of a turn. His expression when I made a steep left turn for no apparent reason was priceless..... :D

Had to force another car onto the shoulder so that an oncoming semi could have my lane...5 across on a two-lane road with two turn lanes, just because some idiot didn't look in his mirror before he pulled around the guy in front of him.

Drive safe!

David

Hit a dog on the highway going about 60. Swerved into the grassy median and then right back onto the highway. The people that drove by me looked at me crazy. Never saw that dog though....clipped him good.

Almost lost a toe in a freak E6-B incident. Always wear close toed shoes when flight planning!

- sorry, couldn't resist

I almost puked today doing aerobatics in a Decathlon.

Just about died today driving down an icey road, i swear people just do not know how to drive in winter. Stupid lady was driving like it was a normal 70 degree day and hit the brakes doing about 30 coming up to a stop sign...I swerved enough to miss her by about 3 feet and floored it to swing my back end around going straight to dodge an oncoming car....

Almerick07 said:
Just about died today driving down an icey road, i swear people just do not know how to drive in winter. Stupid lady was driving like it was a normal 70 degree day and hit the brakes doing about 30 coming up to a stop sign...I swerved enough to miss her by about 3 feet and floored it to swing my back end around going straight to dodge an oncoming car....

Must have been driving in Ohio!!!!!:laugh: :puke:

Me: C-150 coming back from last solo x-country, fat dumb and happy. On course, 30 miles from home, I'm the man today.

Him: Piper Low wing of some sort.

Me: looking out the pilotside window down at nothing in particular.

Him: All of a sudden about 50 ft or less from me going across my view of the C-150 left main. So close I HEARD his airplane.

Me: F*** this sectional chart. I don't care if I'm lost ever again. Don't care if I can hold altitude ever again, not gonna look at that panel again until I'm on short final.

Me: Still here writing this because of pure dumb luck.

Never did buy all of that 141 diversion stuff, drawing lines on charts while flying as a student pilot. When I was an instructor and you picked up an E-6B enroute or fiddled with crap in the cockpit I just threw it in the back of the airplane. If you can't divert without a plotter then you don't have the right stuff. 85% of the time should be spent looking out of the cockpit, straight from the FAA.

Got off cheap that day.

Latest resources

Back