• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Clip on ties

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you keep your tie from blowing around in the wind (if you even do?)... tie pin? tie clip? button it to your shirt?

Swede said:
There's a valid point to be made for not having a pre-tied garrotte around your neck when it's smack-down time.

Amen brutha! That's the main reason I wear one nowadays, aside for the easy removal for those long flights.

In fact, I think we should have FLIGHT SUITS! :rolleyes: Yeah, let's flog that embarassing issue once more.

LOL...... I was JUST thinking the same thing as I was ironing my WHITE uniform shirt, and the hotel iron puked brown stuff on it. This, after vigorous wiping on a wet towel and a good warm up with the steam on.

I should patent an iron cleaning pad made from Van Heusen pilot shirts.... They seem to be the only material capable of getting the crud off/out of irons!

You can't be serious! This is 2005. You can now have your entire uniform or daily attire painted on your naked body and never have to worry about a single stitch, let alone how to tie a necktie!

Does anyone know the phone number for the Field Shops in Miami? Its kind of an emergency and Id like to thank you in advance. They deliver right?

hobbsmeter said:
What about using Velcro? Just cut the back of your tie, sew on the velcro patches and there you have it. Easy enough to remove inflight and put back on later, plus there's no metal clip showing, and the velcro would be hidden under your collar.
Has anyone tried this? I think I'm on my way to the patent office on Monday ;)

It was done many years ago. I had one(homemade, not purchased like that) about 10 years ago because I was required to wear one, even while working near machinery. Idiots for bosses. All of us that were required to wear them made them into velcro closures in the back. I don't know who came up with the idea first, but it was at least 5 or 6 years old at that place when I got there.

Latest resources

Back