Zipper tie all the way.

Remember Chris Farley in Tommy Boy?

Tommy Calahan: "Heh, heh. It's a clip-on."
Rich Hayden: "Heh, heh, ya sure?"

Don't be like Tommy. Don't wear a clip-on. :D

Last edited:
That's why I didn't take the FA job they offered me when I was furloughed:

"He's a big, dumb animal, isn't he folks?"

I gotta go with the half windsor. No clip on's or zipper's for me. I guess I am still stuck with the "old fashioned" idea. I like to loosen it up front. I would probably loose a clip on under the rudder pedals or something dumb like that.

I can take it off then and tie up the terrorists...

colorado418 said:
I gotta go with the half windsor. No clip on's or zipper's for me. I like to loosen it up front.
Just to set the record straight, you can do this with a zipper tie just like an ordinary tie. The difference is you don't have to worry about a zipper tie coming untied.

I swear they're the best thing to come along since the cup-holder. :D

(I know a guy who transitioned from the right seat of the J31 to the left seat of the Saab 340. What was he most dazzled by when he saw the Saab's cockpit for the first time? "Hey! Cup-holders!")

The zipper tie that I bought from the Stopover Store keeps coming loosened after a few hours. Have any of you guys with zipper ties had this problem?

flight-crew said:
The zipper tie that I bought from the Stopover Store keeps coming loosened after a few hours. Have any of you guys with zipper ties had this problem?

Yea, that is one downfall of the zipper tie. I have had that happen a few times. Nothing beats standing there after a real bad landing and having your tie hanging about 4 inches below your neck and your top button undone. Never done that.......:D That really gives the passengers confidence!

--03M

Typhoon

I swear they're the best thing to come along since the cup-holder.

I guess you havent seen the ATR cupholders! They are square???? Ever tried to put a round object in a square hole?? Even Freud (sp?) would have laughed. I still dont get it!! But then again, I am a little slow. Dont know why I didn't go to school on the short bus???:rolleyes:

Re: ATR cupholders. Leave it to the French to screw up a simple thing like a cupholder.

Latest resources

Back