Clip-on ties vs. hand-tied ties

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kevin_p

I was looking around on some pilot uniform web sites and kept on seeing options to get clip-on ties instead of the regular ones. How many guys actually use the clip-ons?? Is it widely accepted??

Zipper Ties!

I think it's about a 50/50 split on Hand Tied vs. Clip-on. Personally I prefer the Zipper Tie. It rocks! All the functionality of the regular tie with the ease of a clip-on.
:D
--03M

No way, just tie the knot once and slip it down to take it off at night. It's a uniform tie, so don't worry about ruining it like you would nicer ties. Clip ons are nice for longer flights where you can open your shirt, but you can spot them from across the room. I just loosen my real tie and open my shirt for longer flights if it bothers me that bad. But the real tie looks better hands down.

S.

Well if your not worried about messing up the tie by leaving it tied overnight and putting it on and off, then its gonna look bad anyway. Just get the clip on, it's still easier.

Re: Zipper Ties!

N9103M said:
Personally I prefer the Zipper Tie. It rocks! All the functionality of the regular tie with the ease of a clip-on.
:D
--03M

OK, somebody explain this to me. Where do you put a zipper on a tie?

QP

Reserve the clip-ons for the TSA buffoons. Real men tie their own ties.

This is a little (mabe big) pet-peeve of mine, but I absolutely hate clip on ties.

it's absurd that some professional pilots don't even KNOW how to tie a Tie. I think in the career that we are in, and i don't mean flying a cargo-lear around the U.S. people look so amateurish in their uniforms with a clip-on tie.

About the same as a professional pilot showing up without ironing their shirts every day.

Come on people, tying a tie decently doesn't take more than 1 or 2 minutes, no big deal!!

M

Latest resources

Back