• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Clip-on ties vs. hand-tied ties

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll take the clip on any day for safety reasons. Nobody can grab it and choke you, if it gets caught in or on something you won't get hurt either.
Oh yeah, it looks stupid if you leave the top button open, but so does a real tie.
I put the clip through the top button hole, then button the shirt, now it's perfectly in the middle.

When you need that used car salesman

look... Go for the clip-on with a short sleeve shirt.

No Ties!

I think this would be a great time to press the TSA into banning ties for crew members due to safety and terrorist risks. Polo shirts would be the way to go with a company logo. I hate wearing ties. But when I do it is deffinitely the zipper tie. On in 5 seconds. Always looks good and easy to loosen.:cool:

Do they make zipper ties with logos? ours has a stupid chicken on it...

Loafman said:
Do they make zipper ties with logos? ours has a stupid chicken on it...

You can probally bleech something that resembles a chicken on it.

Hand-tied here. Of course, I can tie a heluva Half-Windsor and I was in the preppy clique in school, so it fits me fine.

Also, I still can't find a navy blue tie dark enough to match my navy blue Slates. Any ideas? I've tried AF surplus, but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks!

Clip on ties look cute on my four year old, not a professional commanding the respect and leadership of those around him.

I'm lazy too, I've tied ties all through catholic school and the military, IMHO Zipper ties are the only way to go!

Counselair

I won't wear a clip-on, it's just not professional enough. But I think that the TSA should ban all stuffy pilot uniforms, lets just wear khaki shorts and a polo. The ultimate in comfortable flying!

Latest resources

Back