• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cleaning the coffee pot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
She doesn't even clean the coffee maker, lol.

BTW - I'd trust nobody with my Grumman struts, that's a job for a dedicated corporate pilot like myself....its almost as important as checking the expiration date on the potato chips.

Chips have an expiration date?????

Used to do this when I worked in restaurants. Squeeze of lemon, kosher salt, and ice cubes. Swirl it around for a minute and rinse. Good as new and without using stuff like comet.

Wait to one of those overpaid regional pilot’s chimes in with how degrading it must be to live as a corporate pilot. :)

I wouldn't think using Comet and or CLR or even simple green would be good ways to clean something that holds a consumable liquid that people drink. Sounds kind of toxic and poisonous to me. The vinegar method sound the best way. At least it is all natural.

i wouldn't think using comet and or clr or even simple green would be good ways to clean something that holds a consumable liquid that people drink. Sounds kind of toxic and poisonous to me. The vinegar method sound the best way. At least it is all natural.

+++ 1

simple green is non-toxic and coffee pot cleaning is a recommended use on their website (I agree they want to sell a product).

Comet, etc, yes, toxic

Geez guys, get a life, pot gets pulled from plane taken to nearest sewer drain turned upside down.....put back into plane next day hand to line guy saying coffee, ice papers.......simple as that!

Who cares how it tastes...1 out of 50 pax has ever had a cup of coffee on my airplane......I drink coffee but im not drinking that crap!!

If you've ever ate chips that were out of date you'd know. Like taking a bite out of your pitot tube. But that's another thread.

Pitot tubes have an expiration date?

Latest resources

Back