• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cleaning the coffee pot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious - are these the pots in the planes or the ones in the hanger next to the drill press? Dig up that old thread about washing the plane & add coffee pots...;)

doesn't matter..coffee pots are coffee pots

Bunch of Martha Stewarts in here!

Good old elbow grease boys....works wonder on coffee pots, dirty Gulfstream struts, and even odd projects around the bosses house!

:)

Just curious - are these the pots in the planes or the ones in the hanger next to the drill press? Dig up that old thread about washing the plane & add coffee pots...;)

Sans.

I got out of corporate aviation nearly 15 years ago but when I flew corporate I never really saw the harm in filling the coffee pot or cleaning it. I was paid to take care of the pax and fly the plane and coffee,softdrinks arranging catering is part of the gig. When you start talking about washing or maintaining that is different but if it was part of the job when offered then man up and do it. I can't stand these whiners who were told all the job entails and they accept it just to piss and moan about what they had already been told. I guess it comes down to have a contract or do what is asked of you or quit, but I am not going to berate those corp pilots that do wash their plane or otherwise since its their descision and oh did I mention I left corporate nearly 15 years ago.

:) Hold on - before this gets out of hand and devolves into a "duties thread" - I made my "washing the coffee pot comment" in jest. See ;) And I don't know about the rest of you, but the "unwritten" coffee pot standards where I come from are completely different when one compares coffee pots from the shop/hanger and the ones in the home/plane/office. And that's all I got to say about that...

A 2 page thread in less than a day and it's about coffee pots. Way to take it to the next level FI!

G200, I thought your FA wiped the struts down?

She doesn't even clean the coffee maker, lol.

BTW - I'd trust nobody with my Grumman struts, that's a job for a dedicated corporate pilot like myself....its almost as important as checking the expiration date on the potato chips.

Latest resources

Back