Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
I was rinsing out the pot on our AC and ran a paper tower around the inside and it came out black.

What products do you use to clean out the pot?

Or does the black stuff make it taste better?

A little bleach in the water and steel wool does wonders. I don't think disgusting tastes better......

Put a cup of vinegar in the microwave and get it hot but not boiling. Put it in the pot, swirl it around a good bit, and wipe it out. Completely fill the pot with water, run it out the nozzle, then refill with water, swirl it around, then drain.

Don't forget to disassemble the drain mechanism and give it a good clean either; that stuff can build up a good plaque that makes the button a little 'sticky'.

Two cleanings like that per year keeps ours clean.

+1 on the vinegar...
I actually run half vinegar and water through the pot as if i were making coffee twice, then run 2 rinse cycles , your done. I "saved" the coffee pot in my crashpad with this technique my wife offered up...really works

Last edited:
I use some comet and ice cubes mix it around for awhile and it cleans up nice.

For cleaning pots, what I found that works best is to scrub it with comet and a Brillo pad to get it very clean. Rinse well. Then run the coffee maker a few times with vinegar, a little CLR, & water.
Then run the maker with only water a few times to get the vinegar smell out. Makes the coffee taste a million times better.

Remember the best coffee is brewed with filtered water and freshly ground beans.:beer:

what I found that works best is to scrub it with comet and a Brillo pad to get it very clean.

MD11Drvr said:
A little bleach in the water and steel wool does wonders.

Just curious - are these the pots in the planes or the ones in the hanger next to the drill press? Dig up that old thread about washing the plane & add coffee pots...;)

Latest resources

Back