• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Classy move Carnival Corporate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't understand the egos either. Whether I'm the fast guy or the slow guy I try to be courteous and considerate.

Reminds me of the first time I took off and the a/c behind us was told to position and hold and caution for wake turbulence. He was a 172. We were an RJ. I know it happens all the time, but the first time it happened to me I couldn't help but chuckle. It really put it all into perspective. Big and fast are both relative terms. There's almost always somebody bigger or faster than you.

Last edited:
Used to fly Dash 8s on the v airways up and down the Northeast. Going into PHL from up north there were only 2 airways we regularly used. Fast forward, I'm in a Citation X on the same airways ferrying LGA-PHL speed restricted behind a Dash 8. I heard who was behind, even recognized the voice who was a good friend, then slowed back to 210 when I saw him on the TCAS about 10 or so miles ahead of us. Within a minute of that I start hearing sighing and mumbling from the left seat about why I slowed.

Tried to explain to the SOB that we were behind something going 210, and wouldn't be passing it. It didn't go over well. I decided to speed up and let ATC do what comes naturally. As soon as the formalities were over, they get assigned 210 or better, we get 210 or slower. I keyed the mic before the captain could and read it back.

Nice reply from the Dash 8 driver. "Hah, getting screwed by the ol' Speedbird again".

Had a good laugh about it later with a good friend flying that Dash.

Best part of that X is getting asked your mach number, then getting slowed to .74.

Latest resources

Back