• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Class B misdemeanor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most jurisdictions have a non criminal option. Like you plead no contest and pay court cost or attend "don't do it again school", and providing you do not have a criminal record they will drop the case.

It is designed so that people don't have to ruin their futures for what amounts to a civil citation.

What about off the DMV record??? Will they find that?

All I know is that I know 3 people who all got pulled out of ground school for stuff on their record they thought was gone and then the background checks came through.
If you type expunge in search I believe there are a few more accurate explanations. I'm not positive but I believe the root of the new ability to go back as far as the airline wishes stems from the Patriot Act.
On my application for an airline it says have you ever been charged plead blah blah...
Maybe someone else will know the exact info. But the play dumb method in my opinion will get you screwed.....

Your NDR report will show the states where you had any major traffic offenses (careless, reckless, DUI, failure to submit to breathalizer and any type of suspension or revocation) but not the actual charge. An employer then will pull every state's DMV report that the NDR report lists. Some states purge their DMV records every 5-7 years, but the NDR action (which NEVER goes away) and the lack of you reporting something that happened 10 years ago will raise a red flag.

Your FBI background check will show ALL the times you have been arrested, guilty/not guilty/expunged/whatever. If you have ever been fingerprinted/arrested, the FBI has a record of it.

See for yourself:

Submit a written request to the FBI that includes your complete name, address and date of birth. Provide a copy of your passport (preferred), driver's license or other gov't issued proof of identity, along with a complete set of rolled-ink fingerprints. (You can get this done at your local police dept. for a small fee.)

Send the written request, fingerprints, and $18 (certified check or money order made out to the U S Treasury) to:

FBI-CJIS Division
SCU-MOD-02
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306

urflyingme?! said:
Tell him to plead guilty and save the money. Hopefully he can lay low for 2-4 years before applying for a job. Any type of misdemeanor can be expunged. Meaning taking off your record for good. All documents/papers destroyed. When asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime i believe you can say no since everything is off your record. So tell him to plead guiltily and save the money for the expungement. I think you can get an expungement 2-4 years down the road through a lawyer.
Just my .02

Congratulations, you just got him fired on the first day of groundschool.
The airline ackground check will see everything from the day you were born. You have to tell them about every ticket misdemeanor etc ever CHARGED with, EVER. Or you won't make it, period. Doesn't really matter what it is, if you lie to them they will fire you...

Go look up the definition of expungement. Airlines will have nothing to look at if something has been expunged. Also 3 people got kicked out of your pvt pilot ground school? Maybe they just dropped the class.

I hate looking to my right heading back to Morris from Shannons Landing at night over downtown Joliet, always hoping some idiot doesnt catapult off the runway and slam into me.

I find it hard to believe a noise violation is a mis. But anyway, last summer I got charged with felonies and a misdemeanor, and only yesterday did I make my last stand before the judge. I consulted 4 lawyers, 3 in the 1500-2000 range, and the best defense lawyer in the county at 7500. I loaned the money and went with the best. He got felonies dropped, and after much hee-hawing around got the cop and da to let me into ARD so I'll eventually have the misd. dropped and a clean record when I complete the program. I'll never know if the cheaper lawyers could have done it, but I suspect they couldn't. My case could be different than yours though, mine was a college prank gone wrong, with several accomplices that lied. Do a search and you can read all about it.
In my state misdemeanors cannot be expunged. However, once I complete ARD it can be expunged because there never was a conviction. Another note, somewhere on this site I read last summer that you can request the judge with hold adjucation. Don't know what it means, but do some searching and make your best decision. Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back