• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Class Action and DFR Filed against USAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The court must first agree that there exists a plaintiff and defendant.

"East Pilots" is not a legally recognized group entitled to take any action of negotiations or act on behalf of anyone, and thus makes for a dubious decision for the plaintiff to name them as "defendant".

This Turtle21 is where you are very mistaken. Study some law.

The motions filed are very powerful and compelling. The only response from USAPA was to splice a quote from Jeff Freund into something way out of context.

Seham is probably a little worried this morning. But then again, he encouraged the USAPA to appeal a federal ruling that was dismissed with prejudice.

This Turtle21 is where you are very mistaken.

"East Pilots" is not a legally constituted group that is able to negotiate a contract. If the plaintiff wants to assert the proposition that they are then they will have to provide an address for the judge to send his order to the "East Pilots" so the "East Pilots" can receive the order.

When the plaintiff finds the address for the "East Pilots, inc." let me know. I'll pitch in to pay for the cost of the return receipt, registered mail.

The lawsuit was filed against uSAPa, which is certainly a legal entity. The definition of "East pilots" is provided in the filing, and includes all pilots on the old USAirways seniority list provided in their original CBA. uSAPa can be compelled to negotiate in good faith by a court order. But the most important part of this lawsuit is the request for an injunction to require the furloughing of pilots in the proper order as provided by the Nic list.

The lawsuit was filed against uSAPa, which is certainly a legal entity.

USAPA certainly is a legal entity and is the CBA as acknowledged by the federal government.

That is precisely why it is dubious to request the judge order remedy from a phantom group named as "East Pilots" which 1) has no legal standing to engage and is not engaged in the action requested to be precluded, and 2) has no legal standing to engage in activity necessary to effect or establish the requested relief.

REMEDY SOUGHT
WHEREFORE, the Plaintiffs seek the following relief:

A. An ORDER:

1. Precluding East Pilots from taking any steps toward negotiating a collective bargaining agreement that is inconsistent with fully implementing the Nicolau Award Single Seniority List;

2. Directing East Pilots to make good faith efforts to negotiate a single collective bargaining agreement that fully implements the Nicolau List;

What page is that language found? I don't see it.

The court must first agree that there exists a plaintiff and defendant.

"East Pilots" is not a legally recognized group entitled to take any action of negotiations or act on behalf of anyone, and thus makes for a dubious decision for the plaintiff to name them as "defendant".

Afraid to answer my question, for fear of exposing the hypocrisy behind USAPA's rejection of the Nic award?

It will be plainly obvious to the Judge exactly what happened and who did it. Who Cares what you call them. I'm guessing the West's legal team of lawyers might know a bit more about the law than some Chode on the internet acting like a know it all.

Afraid to answer my question, for fear of exposing the hypocrisy behind USAPA's rejection of the Nic award?

Courts decide lawsuits between plaintiffs and defendants. Your question had nothing to do with establishing the legal standing of the plaintiffs and defendants, as argued by the plaintiffs.

It is the plaintiffs burden to convince the court that the plaintiffs and defendants (who would be ordered to make restitution) are extant.

Latest resources

Back