• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Clarity Aloft headset?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just bought a pair yeasterday. They should arrive here early next week. I'll try them out in the erj and let you know how they are. I was pretty skeptical about paying $500 for a pair of headsets but they said they would refund all the money if I didn't like them.

just got one at oshkosh. They work great in the piston trainers I've been flying. Can't beat the 1.XX oz. headset. I did have a question about whether or not they can be used 121 cause they are not TSO yet. Should be in 6 months but does that affect usage by regulation?

Yes it do, not TSO'd, not legal in certificated air carriers. Not sure if the TSO is retroactive or not. Maybe a call like, "A friend of mine has this headset, and..." to an informed source in the company is in order.

The regs state that TSO'd equipment must be avialable, not that you have to use it. The 145 has a TSO'd speaker and microphone installed, so there ya go. At least at CHQ it's also delivered with three TSO'd DC head-clamps, so this satisfies the reg as well. These are always within quick reash in case of a failure of any personal equipment that mey not be certified..

..CT

I just received my pair in the mail today. I havn't flown with them yet, but they have already exceeded my expectations. I tried them on and they just feel like you have a pair of earplugs in. Hopefully they continue to amaze me when I fly with them. I am reserve so who knows when that will be but I will post something when I have actually used them.

ex,

Let me know how they do in the ERJ. I had the Sennhieser hmec-25's and I could control the volume for the radio and intercom ok but when the F/A chimed, single chime or triple chime it was so loud I would have to take them off!! The D/C's I use now are fine except for the weight. anything that comes through is all the same volume.

Thanks.

Allright...I have finally used them. The verdict is: Wholy freakin cow, why aren't more people using these headsets? It just feels like you have a pair of earplugs in your ears. It does a whole lot better job at blocking out the loud wind noise than eny other anr I have used. The first time the fa called up and anytime the aural warning system chimed in, it was loud as h*ll. All I had to do to fix this problem was turn down the volume on the headset and turn up the volume on the digital audio panel. That worked great. The only gripe I have about them is how long it takes to put them on. Before with my dc when we were ready to pushback all I had to do was put my headset on, but now it takes a few seconds to put this headset over your head and then put the earpieces in your ear. To me this is a small inconvenience for the quality of the headset. I give it a 9. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info! Do you have any problem with the headset moving on your head, ie when you move or turn your head does the mic move around at all? Is there a volume adjustment on the headset itself like the DC's?

Thanks again!

Latest resources

Back