• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CL-601 down in Montrose, CO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P.S. I also confirmed that neither pilot in this incident paid for their type-rating, so I guess we can put the PFT-portion of the thread to bed for now. I was also told by other pilots at Jet Alliance that these men conducted themselves as professional, experienced pilots. I'm not saying that mistakes were not made or that pilot error wasn't involved but we need to be clear here -- this wasn't a case of 2000 hour pilots buying a CL-60 type and getting in over their head.

nobody said PFT had anything to do with this plane crashing in Montrose.....except you.

Thanks for clearing it up though.

I bet you feel relieved.

"screening qualified applicants" huh yeah my interview at AIR CASTLE TEB (before they moved) lasted about 3 mins. The loser CP's first few sentences were to the effect of "are you able to finance 20K worth of inital training next month"

"Uh...No Chief Penis I cant, Im looking for a JOB (I need money), not looking to spend 20K" --- guess I didnt make the cut.

I thanked and left and went back to my ratty 135 job....didnt need another one of those.....

Look at thier website, read thier QUALIFICATIONS. Any out that mentions QUALIFICATIONS as "having the ability to finance your own initial" is a dog$hit outfit - no matter how you spin it.

Like I said, only a certain level of aviator feels desperate enough to have to go that route. But hey, gald YOU were not one of the them huh??

Funny, seems nobody at these PFT outfits ever PFT's!? They always were the "exception" or got in "just after they stopped that"....uh, yeah...

:eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
All of us know that it is rarely one single thing that causes crashes.

Perhaps the combination of snow on the wings, a slush snow runway, altitude, and temp combined to slow acceleration and lift. He may have tried to about when the aircraft was not responding as well as I believe one report said the aircraft was sliding sideways.

goofyleftwich said:
Gulfstream 200.........God's gift to aviation

But Im an athiest.

God has sympathy on desperate PFT worms, I dont.

:eek: .

Even PROFESSIONAL pilots need to have a sense of fear. I feel as a pro you need to be aware of complacency and fight against temptation to "go below", not to deice, etc. There is enough other problem that can occur that the pilot has no control over then to add to the odds of an accident.

Is That Your Final Answer?

Bandit60 said:
There is alot to be said about guys who fly in the north verses those who fly in the south. I fly in the south now and I asked one of our pilots what he would do if he was at an airport where it was snowing. He told me he would get the plane into a heated hangar. I asked him if he was sure thats what he wanted to do. He said yes. I proceeded to explain to him that with a warm airplane being pulled out on to the ramp with it snowing was going to make matters worse with the snow actually freezing instead of just laying on the airplane.

Everyone needs to think about winter operations a little more

BANDIT60 you're my Hero. I hope I can fly with someone like you someday. Dumass.

Duderino said:
BANDIT60 you're my Hero. I hope I can fly with someone like you someday. Dumass.
What the hell is your beef? If this is your attitude I'm glad I don't fly with someone like yourself.

I understand all the objections to PFT, etc. but I still have a dumb question(s) ---

Two pilots, each with the same basic qualifications and flight time, go to Flight Safety. Each takes an "initial" course in a particular airplane, completes the course, takes a check ride and emerges with a new type rating on his certificate. They attend the course at the same time (same instructor for classroom and sim) and they take the checkride with the same FAA inspector.

One of them (#1) writes a check to FSI for $20K, says goodbye and leaves. The other (#2) gives FSI a voucher from his company for $20K, says goodbye and leaves.

Q-1. Was the course and checkride for pilot #1 different from the course and checkride for pilot #2?

Q-2. Which one is more qualified and a better pilot at the end of the course, Pilot #1 or Pilot #2.

Q-3. One year later, after flying the same airplane for approximately the same number of hours, one of them is involved in a fatal accident. The investigation shows that the probable cause was pilot error. Which one had the accident, pilot #1 or pilot #2?

Q-4. What is the reason for your answer(s)?

Last edited:
olderpilot said:
Even PROFESSIONAL pilots need to have a sense of fear. I feel as a pro you need to be aware of complacency and fight against temptation to "go below", not to deice, etc. There is enough other problem that can occur that the pilot has no control over then to add to the odds of an accident.
AMEN!!!!!

Latest resources

Back