CL-601 down in Montrose, CO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fatburger

My dad just called and said he heard on the news that a Gulfstream went down in or near Telluride. Anyone hear anything? 3 pax.

-fatburger-

Last edited by a moderator:
G1159/cl60__

Guys,

Anyone got any current 411 on this? It's too close to home for me!

TransMach

My dad, who is a pilot also, said he heard it on abc news on his way to the airlport. He was calling to see if we had any of our Gulfstreams out West today. I hope the info is wrong.

-fatburger-

This is all I could find

http://news4colorado.com/colorado/CO--CorporateJet-dn/resources_news_html

Corporate jet crashes at Montrose Regional Airport

Sunday November 28, 2004
MONTROSE (AP) A corporate jet carrying six people crashed Sunday morning at the Montrose Regional Airport, which serves the Telluride Ski Area.

An employee of MTJ Air Services who declined to give her name confirmed the accident involving a Gulfstream Jet.

A news release from the Montrose County Sheriff's office said six people were on board when the crashed about 10 a.m. MST.

``We do not have any information as to number of injuries or fatalities,'' said David Learned, of the sheriff's office dispatch center.

Although snow was falling in the area it was not known whether it contributed to the crash.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Last edited:
Corporate jet crashes at Montrose Regional Airport
Dan Werner (Web producer)
Created: 11/28/2004 11:25 AM MST - Updated: 11/28/2004 12:58 PM MST

MONTROSE - A corporate jet crashed Sunday morning at the Montrose Regional Airport.

An employee of MTJ Air Services who declined to give her name confirmed the accident involving a Gulfstream Jet.

The jet reportedly caught fire on takeoff and was engulfed in flames.

The Sherrif's Office says there were six passengers on board

There were early reports of both fatalities and survivors, but nothing has been confirmed.

No other information is available at this time.

Don't give up on them just yet. The terrain at Montrose is much more forgiving than at Telluride. The weather has been crap, but here's hoping for the best.

Nov 28, 2004

Jet Crashes at Colo. Airport, Killing Three of Six Aboard
The Associated Press

MONTROSE, Colo. (AP) - A corporate jet taking off from near a ski area crashed through a fence and burst into flames Sunday, killing three of the six people on board and seriously injuring two others.
The pilot, flight attendant and one passenger died in the crash at Montrose Regional Airport, which serves the Telluride Ski Area, said Allen Kenitzer, regional Federal Aviation Administration spokesman.

Two other passengers suffered life-threatening injuries. The sixth person listed on the plane's manifest had not been found.

There was snow in the area but Kenitzer said he did not know if it was a factor.

The plane was on its way to South Bend, Ind. Kenitzer identified it as a CL-60 Challenger owned and operated by Global Aviation of Los Angeles, a charter service company.

Investigators from the FAA and National Safety Transportation Board were en route to the airport, 185 miles southwest of Denver.

AP-ES-11-28-04 1534EST

Latest resources

Back